Club World with infant seating questions

Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, HHonors Gold,
Club World with infant seating questions

Dear all,

Thank you all for this informative forum. I have learned a lot and enjoyed the trip reports. Here are some questions I could not find the full answers, so expierenced family flyer may answer:

Little, Mrs & Mr. FlyingHanse are heading back for Christmas from PVG to LHR in CW (777).

Is the size of the carrycots really 50cm only? Our boy is 6 month and 73cm already, in that case we could skip the carrycots?

Baby car seats are allowed in Economy only and have to be 5point harness?We have a MaxiCosi, but 3point harness only.

Would you recommend the window seats AB/JK or the middle ones EF for us three travelling together?

Cheers!
Old Dec 8, 2013, 8:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome FlyingHanse

Welcome FlyingHanse to Flyertalk and it's great to see you here on the BA forum. Please continue to post here since it's always good to get new and different perspectives. Welcome on board.

Now as for the question I'm defiinitely not the one to answer. However I do know that in your shoes I'd want seats 15E and 15F. These have a bassinet/cot shelf and are good for a bit of privacy.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Welcome to FT FlyingHanse. ^

I would be tempted by the EF centre pair when travelling with an infant.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:18 am

There is the option of using the seat (which does recline) instead of the cot although this may not be ideal if your little one doesn't like sleeping on their back.

Take the EF pair and if the flight isn't full the D or G seat in that row is sometimes free.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:30 am

Get the rear facing pair, furthest back in the CW cabin. Sorry I can't check numbers right now.

You will be able to get a 'bouncer' seat rather than a bassinet, onboard the aircraft. They clip into the bassinet positions. There are photo's somewhere, but it's great for bigger kids, they soon grow out of a bassinet.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
15EF on the B777-200 or 16EF on the B777-300.
On the B777's there is also a basinette at the back row window seats A and K.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:37 am

http://www.travelswithbaby.com/blog/...-held-toddler/
Picture and info.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 1:10 pm

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java
Yep, it's the last row 2 center seats in CW (I'm very familiar with these seats!)
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, HHonors Gold,
Thanks a lot for the answers!

Excatly the answers I needed ^
Steve_ZA very good link. I will spent some days with that page

Some trip reports follow during Christmas time.
Here a short peak of our Little enjoying his maiden flight in style

Last edited by FlyingHanse; Dec 9, 2013 at 9:14 am
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Welcome to the op!

Can I jump on this thread given the title to check:

1. Is the bassinet position in CW in the 767 4B? I'm sure it is, but have not had any reason to check until now....
2. Would you take 4A or 4E for the inevitable sleep seat when both parents are traveling as is I am sure quite typical? I was thinking 4A, but then realised 4E may very well be better for checking the wee one if the other half passes out as no hopping over anyone, and you are always in line of sight. Unsuspecting person in 4A may disagree though....
3. This one is a bit off topic: Do i understand correctly that if i book WTP and then use a guf2 for mummy and daddy (TA booking of course...), does baby auto upgrade with you, but still only pay 10% wtp fare?

Sorry for all the questions, they just seem to come up occasionally on here and answers are not all that easy to find. Prospero, if you are bored, would you ever consider finding someone who frequently flies with young kids to write an add on for such a topic (incl bassinet types available for instance) as part of your brilliant stickies where i know traveling with infants is briefly covered, as they do seem to be murky areas for many. I imagine it will be a 'once done, you know' subject, but the questions must come up quite a lot.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcm9000
Welcome to the op!

Can I jump on this thread given the title to check:

1. Is the bassinet position in CW in the 767 4B? I'm sure it is, but have not had any reason to check until now....
Correct.
2. Would you take 4A or 4E for the inevitable sleep seat when both parents are traveling as is I am sure quite typical? I was thinking 4A, but then realised 4E may very well be better for checking the wee one if the other half passes out as no hopping over anyone, and you are always in line of sight. Unsuspecting person in 4A may disagree though....
I would take 4A and 4B, 4A and 4E both face forward so to check on the wee one both will have to look around and 4 A and 4B are better for a couple.
3. This one is a bit off topic: Do i understand correctly that if i book WTP and then use a guf2 for mummy and daddy (TA booking of course...), does baby auto upgrade with you, but still only pay 10% wtp fare?

Sorry for all the questions, they just seem to come up occasionally on here and answers are not all that easy to find. Prospero, if you are bored, would you ever consider finding someone who frequently flies with young kids to write an add on for such a topic (incl bassinet types available for instance) as part of your brilliant stickies where i know traveling with infants is briefly covered, as they do seem to be murky areas for many. I imagine it will be a 'once done, you know' subject, but the questions must come up quite a lot.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:07 am

FlyingHanse, a lovely picture indeed!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:11 am

Can i help you - many thanks for confirming. For 4E - does this not face backwards so would be in line of sight of the wee one? I have to take the 767 from gcm-nas-lhr when i head home, and i usually take 2E (left middle seat if looking to the cockpit from wtp) as i rather enjoy a backwards takeoff and landing!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
FlyingHanse, a lovely picture indeed!
+1 ^
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can i help you - many thanks for confirming. For 4E - does this not face backwards so would be in line of sight of the wee one? I have to take the 767 from gcm-nas-lhr when i head home, and i usually take 2E (left middle seat if looking to the cockpit from wtp) as i rather enjoy a backwards takeoff and landing!
Sorry, you are correct 4E faces rearwards so could watch the wee one, if they are not asleep after having too many beverages.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.