Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Gold benefits when flying Aer Lingus (Booked with Aer Lingus)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS

Now AERCLUB has launched, can I earn BA Tier Points and Avios on Aer lingus booked flights?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No change there yet, only on BA code shared Aer Lingus flights, which can be booked via BA.com and other channels. These give both TPs and Avios on Aer Lingus' flights, though that's nothing new. I wouldn't expect any further change until Aer Lingus joins oneworld.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
You keep asking the same/similar question across different threads...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27483019-post10.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27483199-post12.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-l...one-world.html

The answer is still Avios yes, TPs no (unless booked under the BA code).

It'll come in time, but probably not until EI rejoin oneworld.

Patience grasshopper.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Originally Posted by JAXBA
You keep asking the same/similar question across different threads...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27483019-post10.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27483199-post12.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-l...one-world.html

The answer is still Avios yes, TPs no (unless booked under the BA code).

It'll come in time, but probably not until EI rejoin oneworld.

Patience grasshopper.
All at different times over the last year and a half, good to see you are so busy
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got myself an upcoming Aer Lingus flight from BHD-LHR. Not a codeshare.

Did discover that you can check in from 3-30 days beforehand and I can enter my BAEC number during the check-in process. Doesn't seem to do anything as expected although might get 78 Avios or whatever trivial amount.
Can't go too far as I have to purchase a seat if I'm checking in more than 3 days before departure (€14.99 for an exit row down to €7.99 for a normal, non first 6-7 rows seat).

Sure I can survive an hour in my allocated middle seat in the back row
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xenole
Can't go too far as I have to purchase a seat if I'm checking in more than 3 days before departure (€14.99 for an exit row down to €7.99 for a normal, non first 6-7 rows seat).
BHD is perhap a bit of an exception here, but generally it seems to me that relatively few Aer Lingus passengers check-in online compared to BA/U2/FR. So normally speaking you should be able to get an OK seat later on, including BHD. If this is an Aer Lingus A320, there is a less variability in good seats, row 1 doesn't give much if any advantage and the emergency rows, if available to select, are less generous than BA.

Originally Posted by xenole
although might get 78 Avios or whatever trivial amount.
I suspect there will be an urgent Steward's Enquiry as to how you got that many Avios.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Just a random guess there with the Avios based on something I might have skimmed over in another thread / elsewhere. Not really expecting anything to be honest and might not even notice a change from say 289,416 to 289,494 Avios.

My return flight is a codeshare so that seems easier to deal with BA wise. Both flight appear in the BA app although the booking reference only shows the inbound flights on the Aer Lingus website (have to use another reference to show the outbound/inbound).

Cheap fare booked at the weekend.
BHD-LHR Aer Lingus
LHR-MEL Qantas
MEL-LHR Qantas
LHR-BHD Aer Lingus / BA

Able to select seats on the QF flights but not the codeshare flight to Belfast. Can only specify window or aisle via the Qantas website for that one.

Last edited by xenole; Feb 2, 2017 at 2:29 am
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Does anyone know whether BA Gold members can use the biz check-in desk for a BA coded DUB-LHR flight at Dublin Aer Lingus T2?

I've heard we can get in to the Aer Lingus lounge with a BA Gold card, but have been unable to reserve a seat in advance of check-in.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Does anyone know whether BA Gold members can use the biz check-in desk for a BA coded DUB-LHR flight at Dublin Aer Lingus T2?

I've heard we can get in to the Aer Lingus lounge with a BA Gold card, but have been unable to reserve a seat in advance of check-in.
I don't believe so, but you could always wander up and try it.

You can use the lounge of course. Did you go to the Aer Lingus site and try to select a seat? You can always call them to do it, if online does not work.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
have been unable to reserve a seat in advance of check-in.
If you call Aer Lingus they will assign the seat for you. You need to have their PNR (which is different from the BA one), or be prepared to ask the agent to look it up (you can give them your name and flight number).
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective

Did you go to the Aer Lingus site and try to select a seat? You can always call them to do it, if online does not work.
Thanks for this. I did try and call them twice but couldn't get through (long wait and no one answered). Normally I wouldn't be bothered for a 45 minute flight but I'm 6'4" and concerned about seat pitch as I've never flown with them before!
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:27 pm

[QUOTE=FlightDetective;30212048
Did you go to the Aer Lingus site and try to select a seat?
.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't reserve a seat (ticket booked on BA.com - flight is the first part of a BA coded ticket to the USA). Got same reply as on BA website: seat choice will be available at checkin.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:30 pm

Aer Lingus website says:

Contact sales agent for changes to this booking

This booking was not made directly on aerlingus.com. For changes to bookings made through other channels, please contact the original sales agent.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:50 pm

By calling Aer Lingus, they might allow you to select a seat but it will be one of the ones you could select yourself at check-in. They won't,in my experience, allow you into an exit or near-the-front seat for free.

Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:37 pm

I’ve always contacted Aer Lingus via twitter in these cases and got a seat assigned, saves the ridiculous phone waits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.