Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Dublin Based Flyer looking to switch to Aer Lingus/One world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin Based Flyer looking to switch to Aer Lingus/One world

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Dublin Based - Switch from DELTA to which Aerclub/AA/BA?

Been a Platinum with Delta for last 11 years.

Fly about 3 transatlantic multi legs flights a year in high upgradeable economy (DELTA)
Also about 3 long haul Business class flights going to the east. (Air France
ABout 10 return flights with to UK/Europe (Aer Lingus/Ryanair)

Any news on Status match?

Have already booked 1 long 4 leg Business class with AA and two 4 legs Business class trips with BA in 2016

Last edited by IRISHFLYER1; Nov 20, 2015 at 6:25 am
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:53 am

No news yet about the tier levels and AVIOS needed / Tier Points etc...

No status matching sadly.

A waiting game come back in early 2016 .
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Aer Lingus doesn't tend to status match; ask your corporate TA if they can arrange something on your behalf.

Aer Lingus is not currently in oneworld, and probably will not be until well into 2016.

Aer Lingus is unlikely to jettison its relationships with United and Jetblue - though either or both may choose to stop working with EI.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Aer Lingus doesn't tend to status match; ask your corporate TA if they can arrange something on your behalf.
Currently new Corps via TA on hold until full program details come out.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Booked business class DUB-PHL-MCO-PHL-DUB in January with American Airlines in anticipation of 10,000 challenge to Platinum with AA, then they go and withdraw status match

Have also booked business class with BA DUB-LHR-DXB,BOM-LHR-DUB in February.

Question is again which one world program to Join?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Maybe this will help: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html
Old Oct 27, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by IRISHFLYER1
Booked business class DUB-PHL-MCO-PHL-DUB in January with American Airlines in anticipation of 10,000 challenge to Platinum with AA, then they go and withdraw status match

Your current bookings would get you silver with BA and therefore lounge access - including in the USA, which AA FFs do NOT get on domestic itineraries.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC

I would go with BA, as was mentioned, you have enough for silver and it will get you avios which you will then, almost definitely be able to transfer over to a future EI program. Getting the lounge access for short haul economy is the main benefit to me.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Think it maybe BA Executive club for me. I will qualify as a silver after my first two bookings with AA and BA.
Looks like I will be able to access lounges in Dublin and US when flying with Aer Lingus and AA.

At the end of 2016 should have 50,000+ Avios points. What use are these? Flights, Upgrades etc.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
At the end of 2016 should have 50,000+ Avios points. What use are these? Flights, Upgrades etc.
Just have a look here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-2015-a.html
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Think it maybe BA Executive club for me. I will qualify as a silver after my first two bookings with AA and BA.
Looks like I will be able to access lounges in Dublin and US when flying with Aer Lingus and AA.
Don't forget you need 4 flights on BA itself to qualify for BA Silver. If you get 600 tier points without taking 4 flights on BA you won't get it.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by stifle
Don't forget you need 4 flights on BA itself to qualify for BA Silver. If you get 600 tier points without taking 4 flights on BA you won't get it.
I would be shocked if that's not adjusted to include EI metal at some point soon. At the very least after joining OW. IB metal counts, after all.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stifle
yeap, bit of a pain as first four flights are with AA DUB-PHL-MCO-PHL-DUB

However next 4 are DUB-LHR_DXB,BOM-LHR-DUB, so should qualify after that.

Will I get Bronze Avios bonus for the last two legs of this trip? As will have over 300 points and 2 legs with BA
Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: *A-A3-*S, *A M&M FTL *S, EI-Green, AccorGold
You might want to check the new information about Aerclub which is replacing Gold Circle from April 2016 and using Avios like BA/IB. I'd ask if they'll recognise your flight history as if it was on BA today. If not go BA and ask for a status match later as EI flights should become qualifying flights like BA/IB flights by then.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA member since 1990 (lifetime PLT/OWS)
Originally Posted by irishguy28

Aer Lingus is not currently in oneworld, and probably will not be until well into 2016.

Aer Lingus is unlikely to jettison its relationships with United and Jetblue - though either or both may choose to stop working with EI.
I am a oneworld emerald looking at EI travel (TATL) in Q3 2016 and found this on the AerClub FAQ:

Will Aer Lingus be a member of the One World Alliance and will I receive the associated status benefits if I am a member of AerClub?
Aer Lingus is currently not a member of the One World Alliance and therefore these benefits will not be available.

The above wording does not explicitly exclude a future in OW but it does not give me any degree of confidence about possible OW benefits in the near term.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.