Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios and Tier Point tracking for upgraded bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 4:37 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Dear all

This is thread 1 of 2 I will be posting today so please bear with me!

We know how frustrating it is for you when bookings that you upgrade with Avios don't track automatically to your account.

We have been working on this for what probably feels like a long time but it is trickier than we thought. We think that we have now fixed this for the majority of cases but there will still be some occasions where you may need to contact us. I will be interested to hear from you if this is now working for you and importantly for those where it isn't so that we can continue to work on this and identify the issues as and when they happen so do drop me a quick pm with your booking reference and Executive Club number and we will look into it.

The extra good news is that we have also introduced the ability to auto track flights which you upgrade with cash at the airport so that you don't need to contact us. Again, I will be interested to hear from you both if this is successful for you and also if not. Please remember that this is for BA flights only and you are awarded for the original ticket you book and pay for before upgrading with Avios or in the case of upgrades with cash at the airport you are awarded the upgraded cabin provided you paid for the original ticket with cash and there was no upgrade with Avios in between.

Thank you for your continued patience with this and also for any feedback you have on your own experience of this

Warm regards

Nicci

Last edited by BA Executive Club; Nov 22, 2013 at 6:34 am Reason: Clarification of awarding cabin
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:38 am

That is good news! Thanks Nicci
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
First up. Good news, and good its nearly cracked. Will save a lot of Exec line agents time too I'd imagine.

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
<snip> Please remember that this is for BA flights only and you are awarded for the original ticket you book and pay for before upgrading.
Am I mis-reading? I thought a cash upgrade at the airport received the avios and tier points for cabin flown.
This now directly affects me () as some flights I must book via a TA and 'start' in Economy. TA bookings tend not to 'release' until t-24 so upgrading is hard enough as it is.
Whilst I'm happy to pay for an airport upgrade from my own pocket in cash ... its a huge deal to not get the TPs or Avios!!
Say it ain't so Joe
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Thanks for listening ^^^
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:32 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Originally Posted by littlefish
First up. Good news, and good its nearly cracked. Will save a lot of Exec line agents time too I'd imagine.

Am I mis-reading? I thought a cash upgrade at the airport received the avios and tier points for cabin flown.
This now directly affects me () as some flights I must book via a TA and 'start' in Economy. TA bookings tend not to 'release' until t-24 so upgrading is hard enough as it is.
Whilst I'm happy to pay for an airport upgrade from my own pocket in cash ... its a huge deal to not get the TPs or Avios!!
Say it ain't so Joe
Sorry I'm so excited myself that I didn't make this clear. For Upgrading Using Avios the cabin of the original fare paid is awarded. For upgrades using cash the upgraded cabin is awarded provided the original fare was paid for with cash and there is no Avios upgrade in between.

regards

Nicci
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
^ cheers.
All clarified in under an hour . Brilliant.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
This is thread 1 of 2 I will be posting today so please bear with me!
You don't ever have to apologise for posting good news! Thank you for sorting this out - although I've never found this issue as aggravating as some others do, it's good news for all of us who MFU / UUA, and good for your resource deployment as well.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Still not working for me. Flew back Bos-LHR-Man on Wednesday (paid WTP upgraded with Avios) and my account shows both sectors as ineligible flights, no TPs or Avios. I will phone the EC to rectify this but the fix still seems to be hit and miss.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I'm flying an UUA flight next week - I'll let you know one way or the other. However, it's a good sign that it is being tackled. Whilst on the surface it seems a really simple thing to fix I'm sure, as with anything IT related, it is a nightmare in reality.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum
My flight on Monday from LHR to BOS tracked, but showed as an ineligible flight, which it wasn't.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Executive, Virgin FC
Can BA fix the MMB issue that has cropped up on my account - I've upgraded from WTP with avios - on my domestic leg it recognizes the fact I'm in CW by saying that I have access to the lounge at NCL but no lounge access is mentioned before both the LHR CW leg or the return CW leg - but I have lounge access at LHR before my rtn to NCL...
Old Nov 22, 2013, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Hands Mensing
Can BA fix the MMB issue that has cropped up on my account - I've upgraded from WTP with avios - on my domestic leg it recognizes the fact I'm in CW by saying that I have access to the lounge at NCL but no lounge access is mentioned before both the LHR CW leg or the return CW leg - but I have lounge access at LHR before my rtn to NCL...
WTP (cash bookings) allow lounge access on the domestic sector anyway. So MMB is showing your lounge entitlement for WTP not reflecting your upgrade.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Flew LHR-EWR yesterday in paid WTP, upgraded with Avios to CW - flights posted today as 0. Had to call. Sorry Nicci.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BasilBush
Still not working for me. Flew back Bos-LHR-Man on Wednesday (paid WTP upgraded with Avios) and my account shows both sectors as ineligible flights, no TPs or Avios. I will phone the EC to rectify this but the fix still seems to be hit and miss.
Same here - none of the flights my daughter and myself took between GLA - MCO were added this week. Called EC and three of my flights were added but none of my daughter's were. Called EC again yesterday and have been told Avios and TP's will be added within 72 hours. Will be rather cross if I have to call for a third time.

This is the third trip I have taken where I have upgraded one leg using Avios but it's easily the worst one for losing TPs and Avios.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:39 pm

So my usual UUA from J to. F from Asia which usually resulted in receiving tier points and Avios for F with the European connection registering as zero for both tier points and Avios will be discontinued?

I never felt the need to queue up for a long call as the extra 70 or 80 tier points more than compensated for this missing 40 from the connection.

Sorry to see this enhancement

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.