Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Closure of LGW Arrivals Lounge (Sofitel)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
If the lounge is still open then BA should honour all ticket bookings made before the announcement.
I'm sure if you complained BA would refund any charges you incurred had the hotel staff not been so obliging.
I agree... and that will be a lot of people.

The hotel did take our names and flight number. I expect they will ask BA for payment, or at least point out the problem, and I trust BA will oblige.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Gatwick Hampton offers day rooms

I am putting this comment here since it seems the most obvious one when searching for Gatwick Arrivals.

The Hampton Inn, part of the Hilton Group, has a new hotel built into LGW's North Terminal which offers day rooms for £55 a day per room. They can't be pre-booked, you turn up on the day and you will find out if they have space. The rooms are available from 09:30 hrs until 18:00 hrs. If you turn up before 10 am, you can also have the breakfast too, though I'd put the value of that at around £5 to £10 a person.

Rooms are modern, most are queen sized beds, some rooms have a sofa bed as well, and others are twin bed. The bathroom isn't that big, but has a walk in shower. There's a gym, the public areas are very attractive, with a bar, snacks for sale and a Starbucks concession. If you are not familiar with Hamptons, they site above Holiday Inn Express and below full Hiltons in terms of style and comfort, several notches above Premier Inns.

So for a couple or a family this may be reasonable value for money. The hotel is on the middle level between arrivals and depatures (same level as the South transit), near the car hire desks. It used to be Longbridge House, the admin offices of BA and staff canteen. The floorboards are still a bit creaky!

Link to the hotel's website here.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
It's good to know they offer reasonably priced day rooms. I was happy enough with the Hampton when I had to be in Croydon at the beginning of the year, I definitely preferred the breakfast to a HIX but not as good as a proper Hilton.

I wouldn't hesitate using the LGW Hampton if needed. The Hilton in my mind is just not convenient for the North Terminal (it's quite a walk to the monorail) so I'd choose this hotel for convenience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.