Wiki Posts
Search

BA0107 - Which 747 Version?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:18 am
Original Poster

BA0107 - Which 747 Version?

Hi there,

We're off to DXB later this week, on checking seats via Manage my flight it appears that we've been allocated 36D-G. However according to Seat guru these are limited recline in V2 of the 747 (Most common), but ok for V1.

So I'd look to change at -24 if I can and the aircraft is a V1 type, although it appears the flight is rammed so may have to do with what's been allocated as there are 4 of us.

So how can I tell if the aircraft is a Version 1 or 2?

Also what are the meal options for this flight, hot lunch and snack before DXB?

Many thanks
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:21 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Ignore seatguru, it is out of date and plainly wrong in a lot of cases. It just wrongly assumes that because there is a bulkhead behind there is limited recline.

V1 is the Mid-J aircraft, and V2 is the Hi-J aircraft. You will be able to tell on the seatmap on BA.com if there is a row 37 or not.

Last edited by nux; Oct 25, 2013 at 1:41 am Reason: Wrongly put Lo-J rather than Mid-J
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:30 am

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
BA107 is usually a Hi-J aircraft, but recently there has been a few Mid-J aircraft.

Last edited by diontd; Oct 24, 2013 at 1:29 pm
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Yes it varies so the only reliable way of finding out is by the MMB facility. If the World Traveller Cabin starts at row 28 then it is the Mid J aircraft.

We went out on a Hi J and back on a Mid J just last week.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:05 am
Original Poster

I'd forgotten that I could view via MMB, just checked and it is showing a row 37, so we should be ok, or as ok as you can be in WT on a full flight

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
There are no Lo-J 744s anymore - they are all Mid-J or Hi-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.