Wiki Posts
Search

Curry for Breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Genius1
Good to hear Band 4 outstation food is set to be LHR-catered. IST CE food is pretty dire, and the menu hadn't changed in 5 months the last time I flew the route.
The menu remains the same. The food actually delivered is random! Poor cabin crew keep suffering the menu and food mismatch. So, when they withhold the menu due to mismatch, regulars whine about the lack of menu. If they happen not to notice the mismatch and hand out the menu, they get grumpy passengers. And they don't match very often and unless the crew are regular on the route they don't think to check the match because I don't think such regular occurrence of mismatch happens anywhere else.

(Actually they do change the food reasonably often ex-IST, but they rotate them so I think you may have been unlucky to get the same one.)

One problem I have is if it involves pasta it's usually soggy and if it involves rice it's often dry. I am intrigued as to how because it's done by Turkish Do&Co I believe and I've had their catering elsewhere and it's usually nice. Maybe not quite right for the BA ovens (e.g. over-prepared before delivery to the aircraft) or something like that... But I do think it will be a nice improvement when BA start back catering for these routes as well, because I find almost all ex-LHR CE hot food to be really nice nowadays. I can't remember the last time I had not-very-nice CE hot food ex-LHR.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191
... Says the expat whose local cultural breakfast consists of half a cow :

Your "alternative view", as derived from Wiki, has some limited merit. I do however think that the earlier attributions put your claim into the 'fried Mars Bar' corner of culinary authenticity.
As you have admitted to frequenting the Alley Cat all you can eat brunch I would say your views on culinary matters are rather suspect.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by HIDDY
As you have admitted to frequenting the Alley Cat all you can eat brunch I would say your views on culinary matters are rather suspect.
I just love the ads I get related to the posts.

Alley Cat's All You Can Eat Brunch brings up ads for Gaviscon Liquid Antacid. Having seen T8191's plate, I'm seriously impressed with the software that makes it happen!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:13 pm

On a plane not everyone is in the same time zone as far as their stomach is concerned. A couple of years ago I caught an early morning flight from IST to LHR that left at about eight in the morning. But I was connecting from elsewhere and had been up for about 8 hours, had already suffered breakfast on another flight and was looking forward to a boozy lunch.

What do I get? Breakfast and odd looks when I ask for wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.