Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Faro Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:15 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Faro Lounge?

Boys is there one? I've tried to search and I cannot find anything here. It would surprise me if none of you have been there?

Any help gratefully received

Xxxx
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Yes there is one. I was there 10 months ago.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Boys is there one? I've tried to search and I cannot find anything here. It would surprise me if none of you have been there?

Any help gratefully received

Xxxx
Faro Blue Lounge
Airside, Non-Schengen, Opposite D Gates
Hours: Daily 0430-2300

Other info can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19761515-post25.html
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Once past security turn left and walk to the very end (about 200m) and its opposite Costa Coffee - its a glass door with green ANA sign on the door.

Don't hold your breath as its a dump, its actually more comfortable sat in Costa Coffee

Love to hear what you think of it, I'm in there regularly filling out the complaints book!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR & BAEC Lifetime Gold, VS Red, EK Blue, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Jacaranda
Once past security turn left and walk to the very end (about 200m) and its opposite Costa Coffee - its a glass door with green ANA sign on the door.

Don't hold your breath as its a dump, its actually more comfortable sat in Costa Coffee

Love to hear what you think of it, I'm in there regularly filling out the complaints book!
Couldn't agree more.

Last month when we were there it was over-flowing and they were not allowing any more people in. It was full of Jet2 passengers too...
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by JumboJim
Couldn't agree more.

Last month when we were there it was over-flowing and they were not allowing any more people in. It was full of Jet2 passengers too...
I regularly complain how awful it is, using their complaints book - you have to ask for the livro de reclamações which is an official government complaints system that is in triplicate and a copy gets sent to the local town hall and they get fined and investigated if they get lots of them. They try to fob you off with their own internal complaints card, but I always insist on the official one and they cant refuse but usually call their superior before handing it over. Its become sport now as there used not to be any food and a truly awful coffee machine. The seating is dreadful and the air con appalling. I've had emails from the head of FAO airport about it. It is now regularly full up its appalling. The worst lounge on the planet!

The best thing to do is go straight through passport control and sit at the little costa coffee the other side as it is nearly always empty.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I can't really add to the above other than they have replaced Super Bock with Heineken (bad).

Fast Track security is only for CE, not GCH/SCH travelling Y.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
My colleague was there last week. He said it was disappointing, and busy, as mentioned above.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: MUCCI
I have not been to Faro for years but when used to end up there I seem to remember it was small, overcrowded and in essence a dump...

Nice to see that were I ever to return I would feel as if I were transported back 10 years....

FD.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
It's a shame as, as with Nice, if you had a luxury lounge run by one of the local hotels and charged £50 a head to get in you'd rake it in via the snob factor alone.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
My colleague was there last week. He said it was disappointing, and busy, as mentioned above.
That doesn't surprise me
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I regularly complain how awful it is, using their complaints book - you have to ask for the livro de reclamações which is an official government complaints system that is in triplicate and a copy gets sent to the local town hall and they get fined and investigated if they get lots of them. They try to fob you off with their own internal complaints card, but I always insist on the official one and they cant refuse but usually call their superior before handing it over. Its become sport now as there used not to be any food and a truly awful coffee machine. The seating is dreadful and the air con appalling. I've had emails from the head of FAO airport about it. It is now regularly full up its appalling. The worst lounge on the planet!

The best thing to do is go straight through passport control and sit at the little costa coffee the other side as it is nearly always empty.
Have you been the blue lounge at LIS? That gets my vote for 'the biggest pile of crap' lounge in the world
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:56 pm

Haven't been in FAO since last year, but lounge was ok with a few snacks and drinks available. Certainly been in worse - LIS, as mentioned above, and FCO spring to mind

I'm there in a few weeks time, so will be able to see if anything has changed

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the AA Flagship Lounge at ORD. My eye is that an rubbish, rubbish lounge
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
I regularly complain how awful it is, using their complaints book - you have to ask for the livro de reclamações which is an official government complaints system
I agree that the FAO lounge is absolutely dreadful. But do you honestly ask for the official government complaints book?

The livro de reclamações exists so that businesses that are failing to deliver services to a minimum standard are flagged and inspected.

It is used, for example, in cases where staff is downright rude or when there's a blatant hygiene problem. It is certainly not to be used because a DYKWIA doesn't like the brand of the coffee or find that furniture is not to their taste or that the air conditioning is too hot or too cold.

Your complaint is probably laughed at by the regulators. Not to mention that it is just a complete waste of time and resources.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR & BAEC Lifetime Gold, VS Red, EK Blue, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by chiefwiggumpi
Have you been the blue lounge at LIS? That gets my vote for 'the biggest pile of crap' lounge in the world
Having done that one too, Faro is considerably worse...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.