Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Faro Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Any updates on Faro?

Strangely I can't get it to appear on the one world website.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
It's nothing special, but I was there in July and there is a shared lounge. I found it a decent place to sit away from the concourse, and there were a few drinks and small snacks. I should fit for purpose, but I wouldn't arrive early to "enjoy" it.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Is this a new lounge?! I'm here now, and was expecting disappointment based on this thread. However, it's quiet (on a Tuesday afternoon), plenty of comfy seating, has apron/runway views, and a fridge with dozens of free-pour bottles of wine, white and rosé, still and sparkling. Bottles of red next to it, plus a selection of the usual spirits, including Baileys and port. Food is admittedly limited, but has some Portuguese custard tarts, along with a couple of trays of dubious-looking sandwiches and rolls.

Much better than I was expecting though!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by Deltus
Is this a new lounge?! I'm here now, and was expecting disappointment based on this thread. However, it's quiet (on a Tuesday afternoon), plenty of comfy seating, has apron/runway views, and a fridge with dozens of free-pour bottles of wine, white and rosé, still and sparkling. Bottles of red next to it, plus a selection of the usual spirits, including Baileys and port. Food is admittedly limited, but has some Portuguese custard tarts, along with a couple of trays of dubious-looking sandwiches and rolls.

That, that doesn't sound like the FAO lounge I know!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Deltus

That's the normal lounge, it's been there for at least a year since being moved upstairs from the back of the terminal. The only difference I noticed when I was there a couple of weeks ago was that, compared to last year, the (pilfer-friendly) supply of wine miniatures had been replaced by the (generous number of) full-sized bottles in the new fridge.

No little plate of breaded chicken nuggets for you ?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
No little plate of breaded chicken nuggets for you ?
Aha! Those have now appeared alongside the dubious-looking sandwiches. Maybe it's a 4pm treat...

Tbh, the custard tarts were great! Hopefully CE to LCY will provide something more substantial for dinner, but this has been fine for mid-afternoon snacks.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I must have been going to the wrong lounge at FAO. I walked through the building site then up the remaining escalator to a small and d unremarkable place that has been packed.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by srbrenna
I must have been going to the wrong lounge at FAO. I walked through the building site then up the remaining escalator to a small and d unremarkable place that has been packed.
I guess you didn't know the old lounge.

The new lounge is indeed fairly dull by modern standards but it does have a view of the apron and runway as well as ample drinks of half decent quality and some kind of food. It's a third party lounge used by all airlines as well as Priority Pass.

I was told there would be a new lounge as part of the extensive airport rebuild going on at present.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:51 pm

The new lounge :

FAO food. Same as it ever was.

And the award goes to the genius who arranges the beverages in the coolers on their sides, meaning everyone has to go rooting around on their haunches to find what they want :

Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Is that it? At least the old one had some sections to it so you could hide away a bit. Are there any windows?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Is that it? At least the old one had some sections to it so you could hide away a bit. Are there any windows?
That is it. It’s upstairs on the first floor and the far window overlooks the central concourse.

The entrance and desk is to the right.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Used the lounge yesterday with my family. Food was as above, but with 3 lunch time BA flights leaving, was being turned over quickly and with a good choice. Certainly some of the most pilferable offerings of food and drink I can remember, including sandwiches in cling film.

Only 2x Group 2 members joining our flight to LGW was an interesting difference to my normal LHR>DUB/EDI/ABZ etc.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
The new lounge :
A year on, and nothing's changed. Still looks like a second-rate IKEA showroom, the hosts are still dressed as care home assistants, the ridiculous lukewarm-sideways-can fridges are still there, the wine glasses are on the opposite side of the room to the wine cooler, and those lovely mini-boxes of crisps keep falling into your bag.
rapidex likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:24 am

Not the smartest of lounges but still plenty of opportunities for bods to get fiddly on Savills sponsored vino! Good Pasteis de Nata and nibbles...
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:06 am

We were there recently and found it ok, a little on the small side yes but for an hour it was pleasant enough. Know what you mean about the wine cooler, I didn't see it at first and had a mild panic attack when I thought I wouldn't be able to have a glass of white wine lol. Been to far worse lounges like Paphos and Heraklion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.