Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Paid upgrade from Premium Economy to CW at SFO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2013, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have recent experience upgrading with cash from WT+ to Club World at the San Francisco Airport? If so, what was the cost?

Last edited by amo77; Aug 31, 2013 at 1:21 pm
Old Aug 31, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by amo77
Does anyone have recent experience upgrading with cash from Premium Economy to Club World at SFO? If so, what was the cost?
I think there is a pro-active upgrade thread around here that suggests upgrades are occasionally offered in MMB ahead of flights between London and NA for between £5-600.

I'm unsure about the offers that are sometimes advertised at the airport, but I believe these can vary a great deal between very good deals - through to essentially just a fare difference (which can be very high)

If nothing is showing in MMB, it would be worth turning up earlyish for your flight and asking at check in whether anything is available. Though you may want to check in online at T-24 to (possibly) increase your chances of an Op Up. If WT+ is oversold they may look early on for candidates to move up.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Recently in MMB for LAX it was offering £599 , on 4 sectors 2 Op-Up's and one UUA. This was a single bronze traveler. I presume it will be similar for SFO

J
Old Aug 31, 2013, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Magic01273
I think there is a pro-active upgrade thread around here that suggests upgrades are occasionally offered in MMB ahead of flights between London and NA for between £5-600.
Here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ng-thread.html.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Last edited by amo77; Aug 31, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.