Search

T3 options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
T3 options

Very quick question for OW Emerald / DM CX is it best to use BA F lounge in T3 over the other OW options. Done research and can see a whole bunch of options including CX and AA ( who I hate ) Flying on CX 250 and prefer to eat before I fly so I can hot the bed ASAP after take off.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mayodave
Very quick question for OW Emerald / DM CX is it best to use BA F lounge in T3 over the other OW options. Done research and can see a whole bunch of options including CX and AA ( who I hate ) Flying on CX 250 and prefer to eat before I fly so I can hot the bed ASAP after take off.
Both BA Flounge and CX Flounge are good. Certainly better alcohol options with BA, personally I think better food too, certainly a bigger choice, however if noodles and Walkers biscuits is all you eat you better go Cathay. It can get crowded in the Cathay lounge in the 30 minutes before boarding, something that never happens in BA Flounge which is 10 times bigger.

Having said that, when I travel Cathay I tend to go to their lounge since the lounge staff are closely co-ordinating the boarding arrangements (and can give you any upgrades before the magic bleep), whereas the BA staff may as well be on another planet as far as CX services are concerned - they get no information.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:02 pm

I think the BA lounge is the best offering in T3. It's huge and often empty. Unfortunately that also extends to the staff... you better hope you don't require anything because plenty of times I've been in there and there's not a soul in uniform to be seen.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 1:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phol
I think the BA lounge is the best offering in T3. It's huge and often empty. Unfortunately that also extends to the staff... you better hope you don't require anything because plenty of times I've been in there and there's not a soul in uniform to be seen.
Many thanks for quick replies
Old Aug 30, 2013, 1:35 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
A related question if I may. We will soon be taking our first TATL flight with AA and will have the choice of the BA First lounge or the AA Flagship lounge. Is it worth lounge hopping or just staying in one or the other? We will be there from about 8 am.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 1:47 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
There are more options for food in the CX F lounge than suggested above.

A full description of what was on offer in June when I there is included in the first section of this trip report.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ba-f-ba-j.html

On offer in the food department were the usual noodles to order and one could choose from Shrimp and Pork Wanton Noodles, Dan Dan Noodles or Rice Vermicelli with Fish Cake. The hot buffet had Chicken Wings, Steamed Vegetables, Plain Rice, Kashmiri Lamb Curry, Szechuan Chicken, Malaysian Vegetable Curry, Chicken Rendang, Vegetable Soup and they had Chicken or Pork Congee and Tom Yum Soup on request. They also had salad and fruits, snacks and crisps and a wide selection of alcohol and soft drinks. The bubbly options were Perrier Joluet or Veuve Cliquot.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:01 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by tuff
A related question if I may. We will soon be taking our first TATL flight with AA and will have the choice of the BA First lounge or the AA Flagship lounge. Is it worth lounge hopping or just staying in one or the other? We will be there from about 8 am.
I suggest you just camp in the BA lounge as it is nice and being gold you can use the F lounge, it is very airy plenty of space and the alcohol is good.^
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC,Avis Preferred. Hilton Silver, Tesco Super Dooper Platinum.
Whilst we are on the subject of T3 lounges .
We have our first CE trip to Bud next month. Is it just the BA Galleries lounge or can we use the CP lounge as well ?
Having never visited a lounge up till now,I was wondering could we try out both ?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by phol
Are you referring to lack of BA staff or the catering staff?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by razorbite
We have our first CE trip to Bud next month. Is it just the BA Galleries lounge or can we use the CP lounge as well ?
Having never visited a lounge up till now,I was wondering could we try out both ?
If by CP you mean CX then yes, you can also use their J lounge.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC,Avis Preferred. Hilton Silver, Tesco Super Dooper Platinum.
Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
If by CP you mean CX then yes, you can also use their J lounge.
Thanks for replying, yep, I meant Cathay Pacific. Shall get there early to do a comparison purely for research
Old Sep 1, 2013, 2:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Sorry but BA T3 First lounge is way superior to what CX have, we arrived at 4pm and the prepared hot food for us in the dining room as we were flying at 6 20 PM on CX, and they knew we wanted eat before flying so we could g straight to sleep. The whole team were great and I complimented them on this fact. I have only used T5 service in the last 4 years or so since it opened but have to say the lounge and staff were some of the best I have experienced.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by razorbite
You can also sample the AA lounge, but it is not worth an extended visit; in and out will do just to see it.

The BA lounge is very nice. I do not think you can use the spa when flying CE, but finding an appointment there even when in F is difficult in my experience.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Greenpen
The BA lounge is very nice. I do not think you can use the spa when flying CE, but finding an appointment there even when in F is difficult in my experience.
Correct, Elemis Spa access is only for F/J and Gold pax travelling to BKK. Presumably the Spa will close when BKK moves to T5 next month.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Genius1
Correct, Elemis Spa access is only for F/J and Gold pax travelling to BKK. Presumably the Spa will close when BKK moves to T5 next month.
Ooh. But what about J/F pax on CX and AA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.