Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J better than F lounge in LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2013, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

J better than F lounge in LAX?

If people are getting annoyed with the lowering of quality in the T5 lounges they should pay a visit to LAX.

The J and F One World lounges are the same in terms of furniture and fittings. The J lounge has a view, albeit of the departure check-in area but the F has nothing. The food is the same and today there was a better range in the J lounge. There were noodle pots available in J, an extra hot dish of something and noodles, cake and an additional salad item. The F lounge did have grilled vegetables that was not in the J. There was Piper Heidsieck bubbles available in the F lounge but none of the rest of the wines looked particularly first class.

The hot dishes in F part looked tired and dried out. Hummus is fine but not a first class food.

The J was initially much more crowded but as time went on towards 1.00pm the F filled up too.

Isn't LAX meant to be one of BA's top routes with lots of premium customers? If it is, then the lounges do not match that customer profile.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 2:07 pm

New lounges at TBIT are on the way. Just count yourself lucky you didn't have to endure the pre-2006 Flounge at LAX. It had the ambience of a green room at a stadium where public executions are held.

The real problem with the current Flounge at LAX is capacity. I favour the 268, but it coincides with battalions of QF golds everywhere. Most unseemly.

Food and drink are nothing to fax home about but pretty fair for a BA outstation.

But I agree with your broader point. I wish BA made a better show of it given three rotations a day.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
A new TBIT OW business lounge is still scheduled to open this year with the new F lounge scheduled to open next year.
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...ow-lounge.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.