Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I think that it is time that I took over the organisation of BA Euro-catering

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I think that it is time that I took over the organisation of BA Euro-catering

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:12 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Good call on the coffee suggestion.

The current stuff tastes like it could have been made from a large pile of cabin crew toenail clippings that were subsequently set on fire.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Didn't know that that it tasted that good, what's so special about cabin crews toenail clippings?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:35 am
V10

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Didn't know that that it tasted that good, what's so special about cabin crews toenail clippings?
They've not worked out how to collect them from passengers yet. I'm guessing that pliers aren't allowed in the cabin.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
They contain caffeine.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't know that, when I had my fantastic pedicure plus "extras" I should have ask for my clippings for the flight home.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:46 am
V10

Didn't know that, when I had my fantastic pedicure plus "extras" I should have ask for my clippings for the flight home.
That's the thing - superlatively pedicured feet, much better than the bunions and verrucas you'd find in the WT cabin

I shall leave this here as it's starting to adopt a distinctly foot-fetishistic air
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You could eat of my feet.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Great, so now we can expect photos of crew feet all over the fixtures and fittings then!!!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I am comfortable with the idea of La PUCCI being in charge. At least she has standards … of dress, behaviour and demeanour.

As to coping with the diverse requirements of pax, in different classes, I feel she might not actually enjoy the experience. Pies in WT/ET, with beer? Grouse au gratin in CE with LGPS? It's a challenge.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Catering on shorthaul flights is provided by DHL which are a logistics company. The fresh CE food is provided by the caterer Do & Co.

There are Focus Groups with both CSMs, CSDs, Pursers and Main Crew on them and I can promise that customers views are fed back in these groups and by SCCMs via the iPad.

I have heard that there might be a change for next season but I heard this via crewmour, so not sure yet if this is fact or fiction.

If and when I hear any reliable news, I will of course let you know.

I have to say though that I think that the Breakfast and the Main Meal catering is really good now. I never receive any negative comments about it, just positive ones. Brunch is not so popular and of course Afternoon tea is an acquired taste, some like it and some don't.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

oscietra thinks that CSMs should feedback to our management, how many EF flights per day do they operate that serve afternoon tea compared to flights with EF CSDs and Pursers?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
oscietra thinks that CSMs should feedback to our management, how many EF flights per day do they operate that serve afternoon tea compared to flights with EF CSDs and Pursers?
I am guessing that he was using that as a generic term or maybe just to wind you up!!

They obviously operate a smaller proportion but of course all SCCMs whatever fleet, need to feed back the views of our customers.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who knows and who cares but I am interested how many daily flights CSMs operate with the afternoon tea service?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:16 pm

Who knows and who cares but I am interested how many daily flights CSMs operate with the afternoon tea service?
I can't work that out without taking hours to go through all the departure times of all the routes, inbound and outbound that Mixed Fleet operate. It would take me ages to work out. Probably about 25% of the short haul flights that they operate.

Some more than others as some CSMs actively bid for short haul trips.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How many routes that afternoon tea is served do MF they operate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.