Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Advice: Best use of Amex companion ticket and 100k Avios?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice: Best use of Amex companion ticket and 100k Avios?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2015, 2:45 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk praveenshere, welcome to the BA Forum, it's good to see you here. Thank you also for your question, I hope it will provoke some ideas. Here is my stab.

The Companion voucher can only be used on BA metal, and almost all of BA's flights either start in London or end there. So BA don't fly between Tokyo and Singapore, for example, and therefore the voucher won't work for that. The only one in that area is SIN-SYD. In your list, KUL and HKG are the two easiest to get availability, and both have extensive networks on Cathay and Malaysia respectively that accept Avios (but not the companion voucher). So it seems to me best to use the voucher to do a multi city LHR-HKG // KUL-LHR and then use Avios or cash to make up the other sectors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.