FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA it was good while it lasted (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1490635-ba-good-while-lasted.html)

T8191 Aug 3, 2013 7:22 am

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 21207433)
It makes no sense to be blindly loyal, as many here on FT do, to any one airline.

"Blind loyalty" depends on what options are available ... Routes, timings, wishing to acquire/retain FFP status, etc.

I suspect most on FT are actually sentient adults, who are aware of the choices (where they exist) and make sensible decisions (or have them made for them by clients/employers).

Rickers Aug 3, 2013 7:57 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 21207717)
"Blind loyalty" depends on what options are available ... Routes, timings, wishing to acquire/retain FFP status, etc.

I suspect most on FT are actually sentient adults, who are aware of the choices (where they exist) and make sensible decisions (or have them made for them by clients/employers).

Well said ^

Final 3 Greens Aug 3, 2013 8:09 am

Originally Posted by dubbin (Post 21207625)
When the seatbelt sign is on, how are the crew supposed to answer the bell and bring you a glass of water? :confused::rolleyes:

Are you joking?

Light turb, belt sign on, crew released, we were 1 hour into the flight.

Final 3 Greens Aug 3, 2013 8:10 am

Originally Posted by lizban (Post 21207626)
Fully understand and agree with your view. Flying East in particular BA struggle.

(As an aside Final 3 greens - do I understand correctly you didn't get served when the seat belt sign was on?)

Yes, the crew were not seated, but the belt sign was on.

Littlegirl Aug 3, 2013 8:27 am

Originally Posted by stevie (Post 21207390)
After 10 years of huge commitment to BA and being a GCH during this time I have decided to jump ship to use various other airlines before deciding who I will stick with. But it is over with BA. I fly monthly in CW to North America/Asia and have decided now is the time. Surly crews that are p!ssed off with cost cutting and leaving it out on the customer, crap IFE (really poor), dirty old planes, average food, lack of CW updating to compete with CX for example, and then the GF lounge dining options which were the final straw.

I am actually excited to use CX/LF/Emirates etc to see if the faraway hills are actually greener. My limited experience on other airlines tells me they are.

BA may not care about losing individual customers (I own my company and we have 5 people travelling globally) but I was a BA loyalist until recently when I just felt things were going downhill, and I feel other more competitive, better options are out there.

But...IAG had great numbers this week so all is well and all middle and upper management will get their annual bonuses......to what expense?

No a rant in any way as the airline buisness is a tough one and I understand what BA is doing. I just do not want to be part of it.

As long as when you do move on, you don't keep posting moans on here, even though you no longer fly with BA!!!:D

Poxball Aug 3, 2013 9:20 am

Originally Posted by dubbin (Post 21207625)
When the seatbelt sign is on, how are the crew supposed to answer the bell and bring you a glass of water? :confused::rolleyes:

Perhaps when they're walking around they could check what the repeated boinging is going on in F? I know they walk around as we exchange pleasantries (like "you know the seatbelt sign is on sir, be careful", "yes I do, and be careful for you also") when I'm in the way to or back from the loo.

WhitePlains Aug 3, 2013 10:15 am

Ah, I was wondering when the BA apologists will start their whining.

Well, this is the internet with (some ;) freedom of speech). I would encourage the OP to keep posting the comparisons here, so that all of us know how good it is in other airlines, and some squirm a little more! :D

T8191 Aug 3, 2013 10:27 am

Originally Posted by WhitePlains (Post 21208321)
Ah, I was wondering when the BA apologists will start their whining.

Well, this is the internet with (some ;) freedom of speech). I would encourage the OP to keep posting the comparisons here, so that all of us know how good it is in other airlines, and some squirm a little more! :D

Perhaps you could point the "BA Apologists" to other airline boards where people complain as well? Or are they all fanfares of trumpets and rose petals everywhere else?

WhitePlains Aug 3, 2013 10:32 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 21208387)
Perhaps you could point the "BA Apologists" to other airline boards where people complain as well? Or are they all fanfares of trumpets and rose petals everywhere else?

Why would there be "BA Apologists" on other airline boards? There would be other apologists.

Since I am on this board, ergo the point about BA apologists.

T8191 Aug 3, 2013 10:36 am

Originally Posted by WhitePlains (Post 21208404)
Why would there be "BA Apologists" on other airline boards? There would be other apologists.

Since I am on this board, ergo the point about BA apologists.

Pedantic point noted, despite its inaccuracy. I just wonder why there are so many comments here about BA apologists. Perhaps they're just people who disagree? And get accidentally accused to being apologists?

WhitePlains Aug 3, 2013 10:40 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 21208417)
Pedantic point noted. I just wonder why there are so many comments here about BA apologists. Perhaps they're just people who disagree? And get accidentally accused to being apologists?

Thanks for your acknowledgement of the validity of my point.

Actually, if you see the trends of this board, the moment someone complains about BA, the BA apologists jump on them. Case in point: this thread. Note the original mild complaint by OP and then, posts to suppress the OP's right to complain.

So, no, they are not 'accidentally' accused of being apologists. They are called apologists because they want to suppress free speech and go after people who dare to complain against BA.

stifle Aug 3, 2013 10:43 am

And you clearly want to suppress their free speech by slapping an insulting label on people with whom you disagree. Not on :(

WhitePlains Aug 3, 2013 10:46 am

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 21208456)
And you clearly want to suppress their free speech by slapping an insulting label on people with whom you disagree. Not on :(

Really? "Moaning" is the label that they use while describing the complaint of the OP. I don't see anyone speak up against that before now. So they are at liberty to insult complainants, but others are debarred from free speech?

T8191 Aug 3, 2013 10:50 am

We are at cross-purposes, as you misinterpreted my comment ... But no matter.

If, and I emphasise IF, it was a completely even environment there are certain arguments that come in to play. BUT, it depends on routes/origin/timing and a multitude of other factors.

I was flying east from UK, there is no doubt that there's some serious competition. Flying west to the East Coast of the US, there are different options. Connect via somewhere in Europe, there are even more. I make no comment on the quality of those carriers I have never experienced ... I know they exist, but they neither suit my schedules or personal convenience.

BA has faults, for sure. But on my route, and with timings that suit me, it's my favourite. If I was going somewhere else, perhaps not. So I'm loyal to BA .., and I complain as much as anyone.

HIDDY Aug 3, 2013 10:50 am

Originally Posted by WhitePlains (Post 21208440)

Actually, if you see the trends of this board, the moment someone complains about BA, the BA apologists jump on them..

Stop taking life so seriously......tis only an airline you know. I'm off to bury the cat.