FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA it was good while it lasted (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1490635-ba-good-while-lasted.html)

Ian_M Aug 21, 2013 1:37 pm

If the foot stool is lying on the floor, it shouldn't be left for the passenger to raise the issue.

Moz Aug 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by stevie (Post 21311853)
I was the guy who started that thread some weeks ago, and since I have changed all my booking elsewhere

Confused. If BA is so terrible and "you have transferred all your booking elsewhere" and.......you could have taken a direct YVR-FRA with LH, why didnt you?

stevie Aug 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Moz (Post 21312117)
Confused. If BA is so terrible and "you have transferred all your booking elsewhere" and.......you could have taken a direct YVR-FRA with LH, why didnt you?

I class booking I could not change.

Moz Aug 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by stevie (Post 21312276)
I class booking I could not change.

OK, understood.

Out of interest, where have you moved all your business?

PJSMITH0 Aug 21, 2013 2:35 pm

Balancing view

Having transferred my loyalty from Virgin to BA I believe that BA has many good points and having just flown out to Denver and back from Phoenix in club last week i must say that the service, food punctuality were excellent. :p I think the CW seat is on par with most other J class products. The only minus point is the CE product which can be variable. Last week in my case poor into London and excellent back to Alicante. I am going to HKG in December and looked at CX but having had great service from BA plus the new 380 I am quite happy to keep BA as mY airline of choice

Greenpen Aug 21, 2013 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by dubbin (Post 21207625)
When the seatbelt sign is on, how are the crew supposed to answer the bell and bring you a glass of water? :confused::rolleyes:

They are immune to the problems of turbulence as they wear velco socks. That's why shortly after take off they get up and start chatting and doing things while all us passengers have to remain firmly tied down.

stewardo Aug 21, 2013 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by stevie (Post 21311853)
64k - footrest lay on floor on entering cabin - I guess a oversized person sat on it. After take off I told them this and asked for CSD.

Would it not have been more useful to mention the broken footrest before take off? They could then have summoned an engineer to at least attempt a fix.

Poxball Aug 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom (Post 21312091)
You are a fool. Sorry to be so blunt, but this was really stupid.

An upstairs with a broken footrest and side bins for your feet is better than aisle downstairs.

I had rather have a fool to make me merry than experience to make me sad and to travel for it too.

HIDDY Aug 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 21312074)
I wouldn't have offered you any compensation as you refused another CW seat, an apology yes, but nothing more.

Indeed.....I had some sympathy for the OP up until he informed us that he refused to move to a fully functioning seat in the same cabin class.

Petrus Aug 21, 2013 11:15 pm

End of line? Looks like it.

/Mod