Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I hope this does not become reality...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:10 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NeverFirst
To be fair to BA it's not really them asking the questions, it's a "thinking outside the box" branding and marketing consultant, Promise Communispace.

http://www.promisecorp.com/
Yes, but Promise do run face-to-face market research on "the future of flight" with executive level BA presence, and on-line Avios member-only communities where they seek specific feedback on a range of topics, so they aren't just some random PR company....
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I do worry about some of the questions that they ask but appreciate the regular Amazon vouchers for the time spent contributing.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I do worry about some of the questions that they ask but appreciate the regular Amazon vouchers for the time spent contributing.
I do too, I think I have only gone one month without one since it started
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Exec Club, EK Skywards, Hilton Hhonors. No Mucci, but have a far more useful Gucci (wallet).
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist

Imagine the following scenario: you intend to fly with British Airways but it ceased its operations…

Do you feel deprived? What do you miss the most, why?
Really miss the grumpy and arrogant FAs (who make up about 70% of their FAs). NOT.

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
What do you do to replace the loss?
In that imaginary scenerio: EK. What else?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
You don't fly BA.

No wonder why they cut back funding to BS.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:31 pm

Very simple for me....

...I would no longer have any reason to choose BA.

For LH, I would no longer fly via London, but direct from Switzerland or Germany. It's nice to stop in LHR and do some book shopping, but only if I can spend the rest of the stopover tucked up in a comfy chair with soft drinks and a meal (hmmm....well at least for now I can order off the menu in the T5 FLounge)

For SH, I would have no differentiator between LX and BA. If I have to sit in the terminal and purchase drinks / food, I'll just book with whoever is cheapest.

I appreciate that I seem to get better service in IRROPS with BA as a GCH, but I can't justify spending more than a little extra on BA for a SH flight ifor that, especially now the EU261 has been clarified.

I like BA, it gives me "home" messages, and I trust the safety. But knowing the Swiss, I can not believe that LX are less obsessive about safety.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Subtly checking potential demand for paid lounge access?

Or worse "passenger feedback has indicated that J and F passengers prefer to sit in the terminal rather than spend time in our lounges, thus we are closing all lounges"
I suspect this would be indicated if all of BA's passengers were surveyed as non-status Y & Y+ passengers would surely adopt the "privilege is bad" response which is ironically so much in favour with "call me Dave" and his mates.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by WhitePlains
Really miss the grumpy and arrogant FAs (who make up about 70% of their FAs). NOT.

In that imaginary scenerio: EK. What else?
70 % grumpy is intoerable

Originally Posted by nologic
You don't fly BA.

No wonder why they cut back funding to BS.
If so, what comes first,savings (percieved profit for short term ) to spend less on pax or spend more to get back the CUSTOMERS ?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by oscietra
"FutureLab" is such a missed opportunity.

Inane questions couched in such generic terms as to be utterly incapable of eliciting any sort of relevant focussed response.

In particular, there is no discrimination as to the value of the responses; the once a year avios flyer based in a remote South American outstation will comment on the adequacy of "BA lounges" (when in fact they probably used a third party lounge) and their feedback is given the same weight as a weekly commuter through T5/JFK hubs.

When there is so much more specific, detailed and well written feedback here, on the issues which really seem to matter to regular users, it seems a shame BA continues to waste resources on the FutureLab platform.

If you haven't yet seen it, here is the homepage:

www.britishairwaysfuturelab.com/ba

In addition to the daft "lounges vanished" question, recent shockers have included:

- Recycled bed linen initiative
- "meme" your lounge experience
- New poll: "what did we miss"
- "Help us understand how we can improve" (100s of pages of that on FT...!)
- "A street of airlines department store" (no idea what that's about)

FutureLab doesn't really seem to be linked properly to BA's executive function - and (thankfully, as some of the suggestions and contributions fall into the "nutjob" category) there is no evidence BA actually uses this forum as a decision making tool.
The latest inanity is here:

https://ba.communispace.com/britisha...lab/Discussion

"Please imagine BA as a person. Thinking only about the impressions, select as many or as few characteristics as you feel apply to the personality of BA. A leader Proactive Connected Innovative Approachable Unstable..."
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I suspect this would be indicated if all of BA's passengers were surveyed as non-status Y & Y+ passengers would surely adopt the "privilege is bad" response which is ironically so much in favour with "call me Dave" and his mates.
Just what I was thinking. Or they have a brainstorming guy/gal of a similar mind.

Scrap the lounge program or prostitute it to the point of a UA or DL lounge? Why hello there VS, LH, EK, SQ, QR, JL, ANA, TG, and CX!

This idea seems like s--- washed up from across the Atlantic.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Originally Posted by NeverFirst
To be fair to BA it's not really them asking the questions, it's a "thinking outside the box" branding and marketing consultant, Promise Communispace.

http://www.promisecorp.com/
I'm sure they'll do everything for BA's brand amongst loyal customers that BaxterStorey have.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Fruitcake
I passed through NCL last week, and I'm glad to say that lounge appears as good, and as well run, as ever. ^
^^

As my 'local' lounge, I may be somewhat biased, but I too really like NCL Terraces.

I just hope the omission of the Grey Goose on a visit a couple of weeks ago was just a 'temporary enhancement'.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Executive, Virgin FC
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I doubt it - as my experience transiting through LHR as a Y pax in recent years, I'd love a servisair / Priority pass lounge in T5. Came off an overnight UC flight with VS to connect as a non status pax at T5 and just wished I could have paid to go in one of the lounges. Nowhere to sit, Terminal heaving and then flight delayed for 60 mins + iirc the gate was next to the children's play area. Lounges looked very attractive.

I envy other ppl having the status but rather join them than have it taken off them...
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by oscietra
The latest inanity is here:

https://ba.communispace.com/britisha...lab/Discussion

"Please imagine BA as a person. Thinking only about the impressions, select as many or as few characteristics as you feel apply to the personality of BA. A leader Proactive Connected Innovative Approachable Unstable..."
I hope you're not located in China. From their t&cs;

For members of the Community located in China, you agree: not to [...] disseminate rumors or disrupt social stability [...]
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
it is always so disappointing to see people not taking the confidentiality of these surveys so seriously especially when they profess to care about BA, whether they agree with the content or not.

I hope your private and confidential busines details end up plastered on various sites!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.