Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any way to get sector cost after (not) flying

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: not a lot

Having ended up getting a train home instead of a cancelled flight last week I need to find out how much my LHR-EDI flight cost so I can work out if it's easier just to get a refund instead of claiming back my train costs.

However, I can't access the booking online anymore as it's in the past and my e-ticket receipt doesn't show the individual sector cost just the overall total for the return trip.

I called up CS yesterday afternoon and the chap I spoke to said he needed to get this value from some other team and would phone me back with the figure so I could decide how I wanted to proceed. I've not heard back yet so was just wondering if there is maybe a better way to get this amount. It's not particularly time critical for me but I don't want to be waiting on a phone call either that is never going to happen.

Any help appreciated.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: Executive Club, AMEX, Club Carlson, Tesco clubcard, Nectar, Odeon
Maybe a bit too obvious: check your credit card statement!?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Frenske
Maybe a bit too obvious: check your credit card statement!?
Doesn't show the sector pricing unfortunately but it does show that the LHR-EDI sector was in 'R' though so, anyone know how much an 'R' bucket LHR-EDI is?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by LiviLion
Doesn't show the sector pricing unfortunately but it does show that the LHR-EDI sector was in 'R' though so, anyone know how much an 'R' bucket LHR-EDI is?
The last remaining R Class seat today (BA 1456) is £162 + £59.80.

Which is the same price as a one way R class in November, so it's obviously not an APEX restricted fare class.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
I am certain I have flown an R ticket for less than that to Edi but it was from Gatwick.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
How long before departure were you notified of the cancellation? And did they offer to reroute you?

As per the BA website, you may be entitled to compensation.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
The last remaining R Class seat today (BA 1456) is £162 + £59.80.

Which is the same price as a one way R class in November, so it's obviously not an APEX restricted fare class.
Wondering if buckets have an upper and lower fare in them as that is slightly too expensive. I'm fairly sure the outbout was £76 or thereabouts

My outbound (EDI-LHR) was a 'S' bucket and LHR-EDI was an 'R' bucket. If I book the same route with the same buckets now it comes out about £15 more than I paid????

A quick browse on ba.com finds S fares at £69, £71 & £76 on EDI-LHR. I tried to find a matching R fare with no luck.

I did see on one particular day a Y bucket for £308 one way LHR-EDI. !!!!! Y bucket seems to vary a bit in cost.

Just thought of something: under endorsements it states 'Pax nonref/-weekend'.

Maybe the R bucket was a bit cheaper thanks to that even though it was a same day there and back again????

Interesting to look into, slightly, but annoying that BA can't press a couple of buttons (actually I think they can) and give me this information.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by globalste
I am certain I have flown an R ticket for less than that to Edi but it was from Gatwick.
R from LGW is always cheaper. I used to fly on that a lot a few years ago - considerably cheaper than LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.