Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paying someone to check air miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Paying someone to check air miles

I am a Gold Card holder with BA but have had problems getting airmiles seats since they changes their airmiles to Avois. They seem to release them at very random times which makes it difficult to get any seats for the popular routes.

I met someone on the plane today who works for Avois. He said to go to this website and there is something where you can pay $1 per trip/check which alerts you when seats are on sale.

Has anyone heard of this? Many thanks in advance.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: MUCCI
Sounds like a description of ExpertFlyer, no ?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Ah yes, looks like you can do it with the $4.99 p/m subscription.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome susyroberts

Welcome to Flyertalk susyroberts. And welcome in particular to the BA board, which has a wealth of information. I suspect if you spend a little while here you will quickly pick up some good tips on how to get the booking you want, so don't be shy in posting again with some approximate ideas, and I'm sure you'll get some good pointers from the many helpful people here. But welcome onboard in the meantime.

I don't think Expertflyer will help, but KVS is another ticket tracking software which does show BA availability, you get some queries for free, but if you are a regular traveller then a subscription to either EF or KVS is invaluable for getting out of trouble quick. The other thing some people swear by is AA.com, which has a less complicated GUI. However if you are Gold it will not show some economy availability which is reserved for Golds. Qantas is the other option apparently. Personally I don't bother, with a bit of ducking and weaving I'm able to get roughly what I want, particularly bearing in mind the possibility of availability showing up 48 hours before travel (i.e. book Plan B, but watch for Plan A).
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks - that is really useful. It is only ever for BA flights in Business or First as it's very rare I will fly with anyone else but currently when looking for airmiles seats my PA is checking the BA website several times per day to see if anything comes up.

With the old system you just had to get on the phone super early in the morning on the day of release! It's not like that anymore and very frustrating!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
https://awardnexus.com/user/login?url=%2F
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Tell your PA to stop complianing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.