FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paying someone to check air miles
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:58 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome susyroberts

Welcome to Flyertalk susyroberts. And welcome in particular to the BA board, which has a wealth of information. I suspect if you spend a little while here you will quickly pick up some good tips on how to get the booking you want, so don't be shy in posting again with some approximate ideas, and I'm sure you'll get some good pointers from the many helpful people here. But welcome onboard in the meantime.

I don't think Expertflyer will help, but KVS is another ticket tracking software which does show BA availability, you get some queries for free, but if you are a regular traveller then a subscription to either EF or KVS is invaluable for getting out of trouble quick. The other thing some people swear by is AA.com, which has a less complicated GUI. However if you are Gold it will not show some economy availability which is reserved for Golds. Qantas is the other option apparently. Personally I don't bother, with a bit of ducking and weaving I'm able to get roughly what I want, particularly bearing in mind the possibility of availability showing up 48 hours before travel (i.e. book Plan B, but watch for Plan A).