Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Award availability advice to LAS (via SFO/LAX or SAN)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2013, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Silver), Hilton HHonors (Gold)

All,

I am looking to travel to LAS (Early September - after the schools go back in England) and would ideally like to UUA from WTP to CW.

From the collective wisdom on this board, is it better to connect via LAX or SFO or SAN or even direct to LAS in terms of securing an award seat in CW on the long haul sector from LHR. I would want to connect onto a OW carrier to LAS if possible.

I would be looking for 2 CW seats and this is assuming the WTP prices are relatively close, which they are at the moment.

I know there is no exact science behind the availability but any insight and experience would be appreciated. Any other advice in terms of connection times and aircrafts would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

NV
Old Jul 4, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Also consider SEA and PHX for the long-haul flight.

I did see a LAS to LHR seat in Club World on Sept. 24 just now, when I was checking for something else.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:11 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
This is something I have done many, many times!

LAS is generally better as there is more flights - and the short hop across on AA is relatively painless - although the immigration is!

I have always found seats on the flights to LAS and LAX - it is a risk of course but they normally come up within 1-2 weeks of departure. You need to accept that you may end up in WTP so if you accept that and hope for availability you are laughing!

I have never found the AA connecting flight prohibitively expensive when playing the UUA roulette - the prices on AA go up and down daily!

PHX is a faff - really the only good connection is with Southwest - and having done that once - I will never do it again - Southwest were fine but the connection bag drag was a real nightmare! LAX immigration is pretty shocking - so I tend to avoid coming in that way. I will normally fly out via LAX to take advantage of the earlier flights and fly direct back to LAS.

UUA availability is normally better ont he LGW flights so make sure you plug in their dates when searching.

Otherwise - happy to answer any LAS questions

Regards aks120

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.