Search

Redemption Queries - Luggage - Amendments

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club
Redemption Queries - Luggage - Amendments

Hello

I have looked through the various stickies and have not seen the answers to my queries (doesn't mean they're not there!)...

I have two 1-ways next year in CW all BA

Outbound
Leeds - LHR - Phoenix. The Leeds-London leg is on Wednesday arriving at 16:00 and the PHX leg is on Thursday at 14:40. I'm overnighting at an LHR hotel.
My question is will the bags be checked through or will I have to reclaim them?
In either case I assume that as CW I can drop off bags and head into T5 from 05:00 on Thursday?

Inbound
LAX - LHR arrives approx 12:00

Redemption isn't available on a Leeds flight at the right time for this hence termination at LHR. As it's internal is it worth a call to try and open up seats on the eveing Leeds flight (I have only Blue status btw)?
Or does anyone know if these flights open up more seats closer to the dates.

If I pay for the Leeds leg I'm assuming that bags would be checked through all the way to LBA even though two PNRs - is this the case and would the CW luggage allowance apply even though the Leeds flight is economy? If the bags are checked through not sure how this would be policed!

Finally...

I will actually be in San Diego rather than LA - If SAN availability opens up on the right dates can I amend this booking to that effect (i.e. Swap LAX for SAN) or is it a case of a new redemption booking and cancelling the LAX one?

Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Don't know all the answers but a few points:

- changing LAX to SAN would require changing the booking, and paying the necessary associated fees.

- if on one PNR, you get the more generous baggage allowance, but if on two, I don't think that's the case. The American baggage agent may be generous, however, since interlining shouldn't be a problem. You can tag on LBA later (for no extra Avios) if availability shows up, but again, that will incur a fee.

Re: checking in bags with your overnight at LHR -- that should be fine, but some agents are fussy about it; and at any rate, yes, business check-in (or if have 'status') is from when the terminal opens.

Others will chime in with more expert advice I'm sure!

tb

Last edited by trueblu; Jun 7, 2013 at 10:50 pm Reason: sp.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I am on an award ticket F tonight (AS miles) and OLCI wanted me to pay for my one checked bag?

Is that correct?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 3:29 pm

You should not have to pay for a single checked bag on an award flight (or a paid flight).

Could it be you selected the wrong number of bags in the drop down box? That's the only explanation I can think of **

** other than the usual sterling standard of ba.com
Old Jun 7, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by heckenhocker
You should not have to pay for a single checked bag on an award flight (or a paid flight).

Could it be you selected the wrong number of bags in the drop down box? That's the only explanation I can think of **

** other than the usual sterling standard of ba.com
They definitely did not charge me at the desk as a follow up.

First time using OLCI for BA so maybe I did mess up.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club
Bump

Thanks for the reply

Any more views on the luggage allowance on two PNRs where the first flight is cw with the extra baggage allowance and the second is econ both on BA metal?

Would the agent take take any excess payment at SAN?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.