Search

First timer: AVIOS advice, please for TATL

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: ba, virgin, ua, hilton, spg
Smile First timer: AVIOS advice, please for TATL

Greetings. I would appreciate advice on 2 issues:
a. When do BA open up Business Class AVIOS for London to West Coast USA?
b. I hold 2 Econ AVIOS bookings to Denver in mid August 2013. When would BA release business class seats (if available)?
Thanks!
Old May 31, 2013, 9:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome x229cle

Originally Posted by x229cle
Greetings.
And greetings to you x229cle, welcome to Flyertalk and to the British Airways forum. It is wonderful to get new faces join us on this forum, please make yourself at home, and I hope that you continue to post.

Thanks for the question, however it does fall into the "how long is a piece of string" category. And school holiday period doesn't make it any shorter.

Business class avios redemptions are opened up, in theory, 355 days before departure. To USA it seems this is not always the case, and in reality availability can arrive at any time. There's no alternative to a daily check, I'm afraid. If you have a World Traveller booking that you want to swap for Club World, then I suggest you try a dummy booking for CW every day and see what happens. In the final 2 weeks before departure your chances get higher, and so twice daily checks may be needed. Also consider the alternative locations around you. SFO is tricky, but last minute LAX and SAN are often there, plus you have got LAS and PHX too.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: ba, virgin, ua, hilton, spg
Thanks - Will keep fingers crossed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.