Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges [General discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2013, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
In most of BA's lounges across the UK (LHR, LGW, NCL, MAN, EDI, GLA, ABZ but not BHD), a new catering provider was launched in May 2013.

Unfortunately, Flyertalkers have almost entirely disapproved of the new offerings. The relevant thread in question is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ay-2013-a.html

BA's Official Contact (BA Executive Club), Nicci, here provides a response to that criticism, which has generated more discussion about the new lounge catering proposition.

Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges [Focused personal feedback]
BA Lounge Survey
BA Lounge Reviews
Print Wikipost

Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges [General discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
It's about four years ago now..... Is it working? Are we all complacent yet?

I feel like the frog in the boiling water..... Less and less and less service. It's not like prices have dropped in the interim.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
To me the food is not bad - sometimes the sandwiches are a bit plain and a baked potato would not go amiss!

However - the yoghurt covered honeycomb bits are to die for - I have to leave the lounge to stop eating them! Where do they get them from???

Aks120
Old May 1, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by aks120
To me the food is not bad - sometimes the sandwiches are a bit plain and a baked potato would not go amiss!

However - the yoghurt covered honeycomb bits are to die for - I have to leave the lounge to stop eating them! Where do they get them from???

Aks120
Oh I totally agree about the yoghurt covered honeycomb bits... been so tempted to get an extra liquids bag from security but resisted so far.. didn't want to be the cause of a start of a thread saying I saw a guy fill a liquids bag of snacks from GC is is theft thread...

That said I do believ a review of GC catering is underway but it's going to be small steps
Old May 2, 2017, 10:18 am

Every visit to the F lounge at LHR seems to show more budget cuts on food.

Mmm. Slop.

Old May 2, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal

Mmm. Slop.

Just take some Itsu with you to the lounge and enjoy some champagne with your sushi! = )
Old May 2, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal

Mmm. Slop.

Good grief....I always imagined the sandwiches were at least edible in the F lounge.

Exactly the same slop as we get in the trenches!
Old May 2, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
The chili in the LGW lounge is great but its even better in the First lounge at T5 and dont even get me started on how wonderful the dhal was.. OMG

Unlike my steak in club on the way back from LAS , I ate better in Dennys...
Old May 2, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by aks120

Aks120
They are actually available to buy from a company called re-taste so I'm told, who are a major supplier of ambient products within the corporate hospitality industry. I for one am very sad that they are to replaced as have seen out their 3 months stint I guess...they started in February didn't they?
Old May 2, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Just take some Itsu with you to the lounge and enjoy some champagne with your sushi! = )
Seriously ?

What next - why not take your own vintage champagne too...?

Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Was in Galleries North yesterday just around 6pm and there was no food at all on the hotplates - I think I had just hit menu change time. I did have some very nice spicy soup however. At the same time I received the SMS survey which I always seem to get when I arrive at LHR. I mentioned that there was no food in Galleries North apart from soup.

I was truly amazed to get a call less than 30 minutes later from BA, apologising and explaining that it was probably the time when the food was being changed over. I nearly fell off my seat as I thought that nobody ever read the responses!

Separately, I LOVE the Victoria Sponge and other cakes which are now in the lounges. Really tasty with a nice cup of tea..
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
I was in the T5 First lounge last Saturday at breakfast/ lunch changeover time. The best bits were the mushroom and sausages at breakfast. For lunch I ordered the BA burger, the chips were actually really good, but there was only five on the plate..... a shame I could've happily eaten a big plateful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.