Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal 1 - any premium facilities?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Terminal 1 - any premium facilities?

Remembering the old days of the Premium check-in zone at T1 - what a joy it was! Who uses that area now?

Anything similar now? Is there even a First Class check-in area? Fast-track security?

I'm travelling to Marseilles.

The lounge looks fine?

Haven't been in T1 for about 5 years!

Thanks..
Old Apr 22, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by BA Loyal
Remembering the old days of the Premium check-in zone at T1 - what a joy it was! Who uses that area now?

Anything similar now? Is there even a First Class check-in area? Fast-track security?

I'm travelling to Marseilles.

The lounge looks fine?

Haven't been in T1 for about 5 years!

Thanks..
All British Airways check-in at Terminal 1 is in Zone B which is directly across from the Heathrow Express lifts and has a separate entrance to security. There are premium desks but I'm not sure if there's a separate gold desk (since no first class flights leave from T1). There is fast-track security. I like the lounge but there are several on here who think it pales in comparison to Galleries First. Certainly the food on offer is very mean by comparison.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Only J class facilities everywhere since there are no actual F seats departing T1.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The best thing about T1 is that fast track security is usually very well organised and works well. I can't say anything else that is positive about the premium experience at T1 as things currently stand. The lounge is sub par, you may have a extraordinarily long walk to your aircraft and to and from the lounge and the whole terminal is no longer well set up for premium passengers.

There are F flights that depart from T1 just not with BA or OW. The *A Flounge at T1 isn't the finest example of the genre either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.