Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Avios from Canada

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2013, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Booking Avios from Canada

Hi there,

Not sure if this has already been covered (couldn't find though) but I transferred a bunch of rbc rewards to avios a few years ago and now have lots of points I don't know how to spend.

I'm too busy for a transatlantic flight, but would like to take shorter trips to the u.s. is this even possible?

Thank you in advance or your help
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold,Aeroplan, Miles&More (Silver), United Gold
You can book American Airlines from Yyz to various US hubs, Chicago, New York, Dallas etc
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: MUCCI
You also have Alaska airlines as a BA partner.

This is on a different forum:http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/...h-avios.40962/

However, I'd certainly encourage you to ask any questions you have here on FT, it it much more active in the BA section than that place.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Originally Posted by jimmyjimmy
You can book American Airlines from Yyz to various US hubs, Chicago, New York, Dallas etc
The short flights from YYZ/YUL/YOW/YHZ to CHI/NYC on AA -- or, if out west, YVR-SEA/PDX on Alaska -- present an excellent value at only 4,500 Avios each way, particularly for last-minute redemptions. See #1 below:
http://thepointsguy.com/2012/12/trav...airways-avios/

Note that for Alaska redemptions, you'll need to make sure that all segments are available as "Super Saver." Availability is pretty limited, in my experience.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

What about flights out of yyc?
Do I book from ba.com? Or do I go to a different website?
Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Krogg777
What about flights out of yyc?
Do I book from ba.com? Or do I go to a different website?
Thanks
No you have to call BA EC and process the award manually. I did this recently on an AS award RT YEG-SEA this Oct. and it cost me the 9K Avios + $73.11 which to me represents tremendous value. I did however have to settle on an earlier day flight than I'd wanted so would agree with previous poster that redemptions through AS must be done well in advance due to limited availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.