Community
Wiki Posts
Search

green tea held back for "emergencies"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
green tea held back for "emergencies"

so, another morning in the FC lounge and no green tea.

Given the menu says premium teas and coffees available, I asked for green tea (which I do anyway - sometimes they get some from CCR).

Chatted to the lady who brought me mine as to why there wasn't any (haven't seen any out on display since things changed and the tea is different) and she said they were low awaiting delivery (champagne thread? ) and were thus holding the green tea back "for emergencies".

Luckily I qualified for such an emergency and am enjoying the Twinings Pure Green Tea (i.e. not the CCR one).

#firstworldproblems but do sort out this tea situation please. Just as serious as the champagne crisis for some of us.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
It can make sense to hold things back in the kitchen when supplies are short.

I imagine that some passengers are extremely wasteful and would deplete limited stores quickly. Holding them back means that passengers who really want them can ask and be served.

Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
It can make sense to hold things back in the kitchen when supplies are short.

I imagine that some passengers are extremely wasteful and would deplete limited stores quickly ...
Or they might end up pilfered ...
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Since the catering contract changed, is leaf tea now available in the Galleries First lounge?

Plentiful supplies of various Twinings tea bags in the Galleries Club lounges.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Genius1
Since the catering contract changed, is leaf tea now available in the Galleries First lounge?

Plentiful supplies of various Twinings tea bags in the Galleries Club lounges.
I have only ever seen limited Twinings tea bags in the First lounge - and not green tea. When asked for it, get a mix of Twinings (the ones they now also have on the planes) or fancy ones from CCR.

Personally preferred previous tea offering which was a bit different from what now feels like a basic bog standard offering.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
BY the sounds of all the recent champagne running out, no premium tea, staff not taking orders, posts here of late, it seems that BA's new lounge operators do not seem to be doing the best of jobs.

Hopefully its just due to teething problems as opposed to cost cutting
Old Mar 29, 2013, 1:39 pm

No green tea is almost as serious as the "sorry we do not have tap water" in some restaurants (recent experience in the Netherlands).

(Not that they ran out of tap water, but they wanted to sell bottled water.)
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by chris1979
Chatted to the lady who brought me mine as to why there wasn't any (haven't seen any out on display since things changed and the tea is different) and she said they were low awaiting delivery (champagne thread? ) and were thus holding the green tea back "for emergencies".

Luckily I qualified for such an emergency and am enjoying the Twinings Pure Green Tea (i.e. not the CCR one).
Not sure I'd use "enjoying" to describe Twinings, but then I'm a bit of a tea snob, especially regarding green tea. Still, glad to hear your request qualified as an "emergency."
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:01 pm

Hate the term green tea. Why not give the type of tea.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by csuxv
Hate the term green tea. Why not give the type of tea.
Well, personally, after a few years of bringing loose-leaf tea, an infuser basket, and tea thermometer with me, I now travel with DoMatcha Organic Tencha Teabags with Matcha, which I find the best-tasting and most-forgiving in a wide variety of environments where water taste and temperature can't be controlled. I've also enjoyed loose-leaf Dragon Well Chinese green tea on board various Chinese carriers, and bagged sencha on board JL and CX.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by chris1979
Luckily I qualified for such an emergency
and what prithee may have been the emergency
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
and what prithee may have been the emergency
Well, Chris was in the lounge and was parched for some green tea.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
In a strange way, I often find that BA has some of the weakest tea offerings in premium classes and lounges of any European airlines. AF and LH both do much better. But I too am a 'tea snob'.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
"Houston, we have a problem"

"No panic, guys, just break out the emergency green tea rations!"
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by orbitmic
In a strange way, I often find that BA has some of the weakest tea offerings in premium classes and lounges of any European airlines. AF and LH both do much better. But I too am a 'tea snob'.
They didn't use to. They had those Tea Forte pyramids a while back in GF/CCR/F that were fantastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.