Search

Thanks British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold IHG Plantium Elite
Thanks British Airways

Would just like to share with you a messgage of thanks to British Airways

Was scheduled recently for a family holiday to PLS ( Turks & Caicos) and unfortunatley my teenage son suffered medical compications post surgery after his brain tumour was removed.

He was travelling on a non refundable WT+ ticket and on contact with British Airways they were incrediable and extremlely helpful in offering a full refund on my son's ticket .

A massive thank you to British Airways at a difficult time for us.

I am also pleased to say that my son is doing well thanks to some wonderful surgeons at Kings College.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Thanks British Airways

Great news on BA refunding, but wonderful news on your son recovering. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Heartwarming news on your son. Puts everything else in perspective. Even the refund. Hopefully you can still have that holiday at a more convenient time.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Would you have been flying if the recovery had been uncomplicated? It seems like a very risky booking to me. Or was the whole admission unplanned? Anyway, glad it all ended well (son>flights)
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
All the best to you and your family msstendring. Glad to hear your son is doing well.

BA can be brilliant at times like this. We had to cancel our holiday last year after our daughter had a spinal operation. Thankfully, she is almost now fully recovered, though does now have 8K worth of titanium in her back..

Our booking was a redemption using a companion voucher and BA kindly extended the validity of the voucher so we could book the same holiday for this year.

Its things like that that make me continue booking with BA.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Glad that your son is better, there is nothing worse than seeing one's child suffer.

And same to your daughter Paralytic..
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Heartwarming news on your son. Puts everything else in perspective. Even the refund. Hopefully you can still have that holiday at a more convenient time.
you can say that again. msstendring, glad to hear everything is going well.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:39 pm

aaaaa

Last edited by boggy13; Nov 17, 2015 at 4:43 am
Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by boggy13
Well done BA, but more importantly fantastic news that your son is recovering well. All good wishes.
Indeed. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.