Search

24-hour cancellation policy post-POUG?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
24-hour cancellation policy post-POUG?

If you book a flight and POUG it within a few hours and then realised that you made an almighty mess of the date, does anyone know if the "within 24-hours" cancellation policy can be applied to the booking, when the original booking was made within 24 hours?

Or does the fact that it's been POUGed completely scupper that possibility?

My guess is that POUG would scupper it, but I'm wondering about the people's actual experience, as BA.com does not have any reference to this kind of situation where the booking had already been 'tampered with', so to speak.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Feb 21, 2013 at 4:44 am
Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I don't know, but when I opened the thread I thought it was going to be a question to the effect of "is it wrong to use the 24 hour cancellation policy after I book because I wasn't offered a POUG?"
Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by stifle
I don't know, but when I opened the thread I thought it was going to be a question to the effect of "is it wrong to use the 24 hour cancellation policy after I book because I wasn't offered a POUG?"
A title edit may be required in that case I should act on it immediately. Thanks for pointing that out.
That context did not even enter my mind at all.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:40 am

Just looked at a previous thread, seems not possible. Still might be worth calling them
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-bookings.html
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, ICHG Platinum
I messed up on. Tier point booking to IST booked it all and POUG'd it then realised my flight out was the wrong time. I called them. Fw minutes later and the refunded it all. But because i had upgraded it the girl on the phone couldn't refund it straight away.

It had to be sent to refunds and took ages to credit back
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Yes, it does. I bookd a OSL-LHR in ET in November, then POUG'ed one of the flights. THEN discovered I had booked a Friday-Saturday instead of Saturday-Sunday. Called in the next day (before thew 24 hour mark), the booking got cancelled, and I recevied the money after about a couple of months. I even got the money back to the correct cards, aftet booking with one, and POUG'ing with another.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...osed-work.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ad-sunday.html
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
I have found that recently my bookings aren't showing the POUGs until after they've been booked for more than 24hrs. I don't know if that's common across all flights, but it's certainly a good idea for BA!

That said, they're probably not too upset about 24hr cancellations - gives them 30 days to hold on to your cash for free...
Old Feb 21, 2013, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Now that is a very interesting question.

I would say that there is no issue with cancelling due to no POUG being available.

However, POUGs are only offered reasonably close to departure aren't they? Which would mean that you were probably on a reasonably flexible ticket anyway.

Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
With apologies to Ms. Phobia for derailing her thread, last few European bookings I've made all offered POUG straight away. But it's been a month or two since the last one.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:40 am

I wrote a post about this. I'm a real amateur compared to you guys so some constructive criticism might be good!

http://milesmogul.wordpress.com/2013...cheap-upgrade/
Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With apologies to Ms. Phobia for derailing her thread, last few European bookings I've made all offered POUG straight away. But it's been a month or two since the last one.
How fare in advance do you normally book?

Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nickyjames
I wrote a post about this. I'm a real amateur compared to you guys so some constructive criticism might be good!

http://milesmogul.wordpress.com/2013...cheap-upgrade/
I love the screenshot of BA.com that you have there. It shows the POUG very clearly.

My question is, how does the availability of POUG become apparent? Do you have to click 'upgrade' in MMB to find out if it is available? Of does a message pop up on the screen when you enter MMB?

Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I love the screenshot of BA.com that you have there. It shows the POUG very clearly.

My question is, how does the availability of POUG become apparent? Do you have to click 'upgrade' in MMB to find out if it is available? Of does a message pop up on the screen when you enter MMB?

Thanks

In this case it's as you said, via the upgrade button on MMB. Are there other ways you are aware of?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How fare in advance do you normally book?

A few months.

One of the rotating banner messages at the top normally advertises it, and/or the upgrade button half-way down on the right has a monetary amount on it.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:39 am

I POUG'd a booking expecting to need the TPs, but realised I now won't need then (if i'm correct that AA first class LAX-PHX earns 60 TPs instead of 40)
I bought the POUG within the last 24 hours but the initial booking was made weeks ago. Guessing the 24 cancellation period won't have reset, or apply only to the POUG would it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.