Search

Bye bye Fburger.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by aSWUplz

BA: while you take horse off the menu, please don't put that dreadful Eric Lemaire's champaigne on - give us something decent at least.

Hi,

I agree!^ I had a glass of that champagne in T3 and it had such an aftertaste I could not finish it

In T5 GF before heading back up to EDI I had another small taste. It had not improved and I mentioned it to a couple of other pax who were about to try it. They tried it and agreed with me.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by aSWUplz
"BA gourmet beef burger". Now I finally know what gourmet means.
BA don't, what actually meant was gourmand

The noun gourmand refers to someone who is extremely (and often excessively) fond of eating and drinking.

A gourmet is a connoisseur: someone with refined tastes in food and drink.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
That's harsh. I've had the FBurger several times and enjoyed it. Last had it about 10 days ago in T3 GF. If it isn't overcooked, it is fine and has plenty of texture. Of course I've had better, but to compare it to the .... that Tesco put in their economy burgers is extreme.
It's the fact that it had plenty of texture that was the problem for me. Big sinewy chunks of lord knows what.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I had an F burger last Tuesday in the Flounge. This must be a very recent change.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:55 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I had an F burger last Tuesday in the Flounge. This must be a very recent change.
I believe the change only happened in the last few days.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Originally Posted by Cccharlie
If new GLA lounge is anything to go by that will be Feb 2014!
This is different from the GLA lounge in that Baxter Storey contractually take over the lounge management with effect from the 28th February.
Land of Miles. You seem to have a very detailed knowledge of the contractual terms. Pray tell where does this in depth knowledge come from. Were you involved in the process? Or perhaps have a connection with this new contractor?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Cccharlie
Land of Miles. You seem to have a very detailed knowledge of the contractual terms. Pray tell where does this in depth knowledge come from. Were you involved in the process? Or perhaps have a connection with this new contractor?
No it is semi public knowledge that the current contractor Compass has their contract terminated to be replaced with Baxter Storey at the end of this month. I think there are threads here on this very subject.

My knowledge has been supplemented my recent interactions with CCR staff.

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Feb 17, 2013 at 11:30 pm
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:28 pm

Bye bye Fburger.

Ah the CCR. Only passed through it's hallowed portal once. Maybe again one day and it sounds like it will be all change very soon. Here's hoping I get the chance to see the changes.
That said I am sure we will see the changes in all lounges very soon Land of Miles thanks for the info.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it actually *was* the Tesco Value Burger they were serving. If tasted like something around that price range.
My understanding is that the burgers are supplied by 2 Sisters Food Group, which is a privately owned company. They are currently awaiting test results, which probably explains the hasty removal of the burgers.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
hasty removal of the burgers.
or put another way ... And their OFFFFFF!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.