Wiki Posts
Search

BA Avios 'enhancement' LHR LAS route

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold

Just looked into my flight home from LAS to LHR, and the Avios awarded have gone down mid trip.

On the outward leg, I got 17043, and the MMB showed Avios to be awarded to be 34086 (F) before we left. This now shows 31332, and the calculator is updated to show 15166 for each way, so it tallys with the total in the MMB.

Have BA 'enhanced' the Avios for anywhere else? Seems a bit odd....
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:54 am

Well, they do say the world gets smaller every day...
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SpurMan
Just looked into my flight home from LAS to LHR, and the Avios awarded have gone down mid trip.

On the outward leg, I got 17043, and the MMB showed Avios to be awarded to be 34086 (F) before we left. This now shows 31332, and the calculator is updated to show 15166 for each way, so it tallys with the total in the MMB.

Have BA 'enhanced' the Avios for anywhere else? Seems a bit odd....
Maybe they found a short-cut?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, according to the GC mapper, the distance from LAS to LHR is 5229. Add 100% F bonus and 100% Gold bonus, and you end up with something a little over 15.6K miles. It seems that you benefited from a glitch on the way out that resulted in being awarded more miles than you should have and they have now corrected the glitch.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
To be fair, I don't this is a valid complaint. The calculator now uses a distance of 5222mi, c.f. 5229mi on http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=lhr-las - so a fair distance.

If the calculator was previously wrong and using an erroneously high mileage value (as it sounds like it was), then you got lucky. Bank error in your favour. Take the extra Avios you didn't deserve, and keep quiet.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:13 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

There is a 15% *off* reward sale to LAS at the moment. Still doesn't add up though
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Oh, it's not a complaint, just thought it worth pointing out that the numbers had seemingly changed, as it appears the numbers had undergone a BA 'enhancement' a couple of days ago.
MMB always had 34k from November when I booked, even after we got to LAS, and the calculator had the 17k one way too. Only amended a couple of days ago. Be interested to know what anyone else who has flown F on this route has got recently.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Maybe they found a short-cut?
Well it's an hour less on the flight home, maybe that's the reason

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.