Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mileage seat not available on ba.com, but available on avios.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold

Odd situation this morning.

The wife wanted to use her Avios points to fly AMS-LHR on Feb 8 on BA 431.

I checked on ba.com, and it only showed BA 429 and 443 available for booking using Avios points.

My wife checked on avios.com, and she found many more flights available, and went on and successfully booked BA 431 using her points.

Available flights on both ba.com and avios.com cost the same: 4500 points one-way (a bargain, if you ask me!), plus GBP15.

So how come BA 431 was not available on ba.com, but was on avios.com? Are they not supposed to be accessing the same inventory???
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:06 am

No, Avios has access to some paid fare buckets. If you search on here there are some threads that explain why and how.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: MUCCI
Indeed. The schemes are different, with different rules, T&C and partners.
Avios.com has access to the G bucket, which is a paid one (groups).

Another reason to have accounts in all three schemes. (BAEC, Avios.com, IB+)

As windowontheAside says, threads already cover this, to aviod rehashing it all.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by David-A
Indeed. The schemes are different, with different rules, T&C and partners.
Avios.com has access to the G bucket, which is a paid one (groups).

Another reason to have accounts in all three schemes. (BAEC, Avios.com, IB+)

As windowontheAside says, threads already cover this, to aviod rehashing it all.
Thanks both. I did scan the first 8 pages of the "Guide to using Avios" sticky thread before posting, but may have missed this. Guess I need to brush up on my search string skills!
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:23 am

Searching here isn't easy

(if it were I would have found the relevant threads and posted the links instead of simply suggesting you do it!)
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: MUCCI
Indeed, FT search is rubbish.

You often get good results from doing a google search restricted to flyertalk.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.