Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked luggage to China via HKG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Checked luggage to China via HKG

Am on a flight to HKG tonight then onwards to mainland China (TAO). My luggage is checked through to TAO, but the agent didn't seem very sure about it! Is it normally OK to check through to mainland china via HK?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, Hong Kong is quite efficient, and so long as you have an hour there you should be fine, especially if your flight to Qingdoa is with Cathay/Dragonair. The difficult that some of my colleagues have (the ones that check in luggage I should say) only have a problem if there is a tight connection, you make the connection but the bag does not. If you are staying at a hotel near the airport then delayed luggage will get to you fine, if you are out in the sticks then frankly you may as well leave it at the airport and collect it yourself, or leave it for your return journey.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Can't imagine for a minute why that would be a problem, but just ask at the transit desk or in the lounge to be sure.

HK->PRC flights aren't domestic even though it's all China....
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both. I normally transit at PEK where you have to collect luggage of course as it is the first Chinese stop - I wasn't quite sure of the HK rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.