Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT Do - Jersey C.I. 27 April 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Stez
As predicted, my plans have changed and I will not be able to make it to the Do.
You will be missed, very much. Next time.

Pinky, hope hubby gets better. Best of luck.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:36 am

FWIW my wife was able to travel ~2 months after the stroke - she had an amazing recovery but it helped that one of her goals was to be able to walk down the aisle at our wedding (and she did) on April 14. We ended up going away for a "minimoon" and just had a relaxing few days away.

As a result we're now going on our proper honeymoon over our first wedding anniversary and I'm just doing the final touches now on our Turkey/Japan trip booked in C thanks to USDM

Anyway, the point of the story is quick recoveries can happen, but.. she did spend 4-5 weeks in hospital, so take the time required and take things day at a time!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by CreativeBill
A question for the locals... I'd quite like to go to the Jersey War Tunnels on Saturday morning.

Given that they don't open until 10am, is an hour and a half enough time to look around? (I have a very important appointment with a glass of wine later that day )

Also, I'll be driving there (with Mr CB), if anyone else wants to come along, they are welcome.
I went to the War Tunnels yesterday (I'm not a local though). We went through in about 1.5 hours, looking at and reading most of the detail - very interesting indeed, and not dissimilar to what happend during occupation in my home country (although of course I wasn't around then).
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
I went to the War Tunnels yesterday (I'm not a local though). We went through in about 1.5 hours, looking at and reading most of the detail - very interesting indeed, and not dissimilar to what happend during occupation in my home country (although of course I wasn't around then).
Very helpful (and current) update ^

Glad you got out yesterday, albeit rather late!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:47 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Hugs and best wishes to you and your husband Pinkcat
Old Mar 12, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Without making me read all 30 something pages of this thread that I haven't seen already, is anyone booked in to stick around The Bar on the Saturday evening. If so, I have been booked to DJ so may see you there! :-)
Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi jsydave … all meaningful info will be in the first 2 posts. The evening arrangements are still [slowly] evolving!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Thanks. I spotted the update regarding evening plans after I'd posted. I probably won't see most of you but if you're free do come and say Hi!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
the party flights seems to have zero availability with avios so I don't think i'll be making it
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olybeast
the party flights seems to have zero availability with avios so I don't think i'll be making it
Keep checking!!! Fingers crossed that some availability materialises.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Since I still haven't booked... Book a flight, let me know and WE will make it the bestest biggest Party flight... And I will dance down the aisle. And the rest who are on the pseudo "party flight" will be jealous.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, Al Fursan: Gold
That's a shame, it was great to meet you at the Manchester do!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
And I will dance down the aisle.
Please do so or those of us in ET will feel lonely away from everyone else in CE
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, Al Fursan: Gold
Due to a change of work plans I'm now flying down to LHR the night before. Travelling on the bus to LGW (please don't ex-communicate me) and I'm staying the night at a Gatwick hotel, not sure which. Anyone else doing anything similar and if so what hotel, Premier Inn North Terminal showing £44..
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by AflyR
Due to a change of work plans I'm now flying down to LHR the night before. Travelling on the bus to LGW (please don't ex-communicate me) and I'm staying the night at a Gatwick hotel, not sure which. Anyone else doing anything similar and if so what hotel, Premier Inn North Terminal showing £44..
I wasn't planning on anything but the Hilton is pretty cheap and I could do with another stay credit...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.