Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stress reducing general rant thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Joshm300
The removal of tonic water from the DME lounge - the second lounge I’ve been in this month with ample gin but no tonic!!!!
Do they not prefer straight drinks and none of that mixer stuff in DME :-)
endoman likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Ah, the sign of an IT department that knows how to run batch e-mails, and sends me one with the literal subject line of:

Let us take you places, Ms {LastName}
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 4:22 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I was thinking on Tuesday morning about how the two key businesses who deliver my weekly client travel have treated me this week.

I spent just over £200 with each of them this week (so not a huge amount), but I am the top achievable tier with both organisations:

BA: (GGL)

BA changed the aircraft for my flight at the last minute which kicked me out of the exit row I had booked and messed up Theoretical Seating so, despite many spare seats on the plane, plonked someone next to me.
The flight was then delayed nearly an hour due to late connecting passengers and then bags had to be unloaded.
During this hour, no member of the cabin crew came to say hello to check if I would be inconvenienced by the delay (I was), or even left the galleys. I was as good as invisible to the crew.

Hilton: (Diamond)

Hilton upgraded me from a standard king room to their second best suite in the hotel for both nights of my stay
On arrival, I was greeted very nicely indeed by the reception team and then was checked on by the duty manager during my stay to check all was OK.
On the second day, they dropped a bottle of wine and a bottle of beer into my room, unrequested, with a complements card.

The difference in the level of proactive customer service (BA not interested, Hilton couldn't have done more), when spending the same amount of money with both organisations, was striking.

Rant over.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Got a message from BA saying the airport will be busy on Saturday and I can check in at T5 the afternoon before.

pity my ticket is from EDI and will be checking my bags through.

Rant off

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Wow, this thread managed to go nearly 2 years without any posts... The previous post was pre covid

And where Henk gone?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

On the second day, they dropped a bottle of wine and a bottle of beer into my room, unrequested, with a complements card.
Must have caused quite a mess, did the hotel clear it all up?

Doc Copper
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
Must have caused quite a mess, did the hotel clear it all up?

Doc Copper
you’ve made me chuckle behind my mask as I wait to board a delayed BA flight 😷 😊
Old Sep 11, 2021, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
A10 bus gate strikes back

Off on the ba982 to berlin and it is an a10 bus gate

Regards
tbs
Old Sep 11, 2021, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Lazy, lazy crew on BA851 last night. Couldn’t be bothered to do a single rubbish collection run.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:46 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
COVID ridden PAX and theoretical seating fail. Test and Trace pinged Mrs. firstlight and Miss Firstlight and Miss Firstlight's fiance almost a week after our return from holiday. However not me who was actually sitting next to the PAX who we are pretty sure tested +ve because said PAX presumably decided to use his gold privilege to place himself next to me despite a whole exit row being free on the plane. (Test and Trace pinged the whole row we believe based on original seating plan) Suspicious in its own right. Fortunately once boarding was complete I moved away to the free exit row with Mrs firstlight without knowing I was saving myself from a disease ridden gold.

He then sneaked onto the first bus off the plane at Heathrow despite being in a row told not to move. Probably then infected the whole bus given it took 15 minutes to get from stand near the tower to A gate entry. Like all of our party I suspect most were fully vaccinated so should be OK and don't have to isolate (we tested negative BTW).
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
MemoRANTum

All the CE passengers in rows 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10, who, on a sweltering summers evening asked for the chicken breast, Mexican bean & crushed avocado salad, to be told "Sorry we've run out. They never load enough of these"

To :
The lady in 4F who took the last chicken breast salad, prodded it twice and then pushed it aside.

cc :
The person in BA catering who's responsible for habitually not provisioning enough of the best / most popular / most expensive dish.

Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
A quality Rant, Oxon … fully justified and well illustrated!
zanderblue and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
Especially the lady in 4F! If I’m happy with all the choices I usually say to just give me what’s left at the end, the reason for this being when me and my family were in the front two rows once we all went for the prawn salad! When I heard her telling everyone else that choice was gone I felt bad as I hadn’t been able to decide what to have and could easily have chosen something else. By then it was too late.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by cameramaker
Lazy, lazy crew on BA851 last night. Couldn’t be bothered to do a single rubbish collection run.
This is my first time seeing this thread, and this post was a while back, but I had the same thing on both my LHR-DEL and BOM-LHR flights recently. Admittedly in economy but I ended up with lots of empty plastic wine bottles surrounding me come the end! Oddly they happily cleared the glass supplied by a lovely crew member from CW, during the only twenty min nap I achieved! Back to plastic cup I had to go!
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by firstlight
COVID ridden PAX and theoretical seating fail. Test and Trace pinged Mrs. firstlight and Miss Firstlight and Miss Firstlight's fiance almost a week after our return from holiday. However not me who was actually sitting next to the PAX who we are pretty sure tested +ve because said PAX presumably decided to use his gold privilege to place himself next to me despite a whole exit row being free on the plane. (Test and Trace pinged the whole row we believe based on original seating plan) Suspicious in its own right. Fortunately once boarding was complete I moved away to the free exit row with Mrs firstlight without knowing I was saving myself from a disease ridden gold.

He then sneaked onto the first bus off the plane at Heathrow despite being in a row told not to move. Probably then infected the whole bus given it took 15 minutes to get from stand near the tower to A gate entry. Like all of our party I suspect most were fully vaccinated so should be OK and don't have to isolate (we tested negative BTW).

Rant…

People obsessed where they caught a respiratory virus when they never were before. Proceed to be judge jury and executioner for a stranger then end the story with the fact they didn’t even get said respiratory virus with no self awareness that it made their entire statement a fallacy

Rant over
CMK10 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.