Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UuA with broken online system

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

UuA with broken online system

I'm keeping an eye open of a WT+ to CW upgrade - EDI-LHR-DFW-CHS and back CHS-MIA-LHR-EDI in March (obviously it the tranatlantic bit I'm trying o sort!). Every time I click on the upgrade link in MMB, it says there's an error and to contact my BA office. I appreciate that there doesn't seem to be much availability the the moment anyway, if I do a test booking through the website for those legs. Do I just have to keep watching and then call BA when it looks like there's availability on a mock reservation, or can BA 'fix' my reservation so that I can upgrade online?

Cheers
Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Your best bet is to keep checking and one way to do that is - as you say - to keep trying dummy bookings. Once you see availability then call BAEC straight away to claim the seats. I think the problem with the online upgrades relates to the fact that you have domestic legs in there.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I feared that might be the case. Is there any other way to find out if seats have been released than doing an upgrade dummy booking? Sometimes I din't even get past the first screen, with a red error box telling me either the system is not working, or there is no availability (without getting to the calendar view). I guess it does this if there's nothing in the dates either side, too? Pickings seem much thinner than the last time I did CW upgrade to ORD, several years ago, when there were plenty of seats...
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
There are 3rd party tools out there. I use kvstool.com but it is not the only product for checking reward availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.