Wiki Posts
Search

Back-to-Back to JER?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by T8191
As I turned to retrace my steps, I found half the aircraft was following me, like a flock of geese!!
It was clearly the air of authority you must carry!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by dark_horse
It was clearly the air of authority you must carry!
We were certainly striding purposefully … although I felt a right tit having to do a 180º turn and head back down the correct corridor

Ah, Sheeple … where would be be without them?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:31 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Quick question to be sure I understand all correctly ;-)

4 * Business LON - JER returns gives me = 320 TP + Avios + 50.000 bonus Avios?
4 * Economy LON - JER returns gives me = 80 TP + Avios + 25.000 bonus Avios?

If I do both I get : 400 TP + Avios + 75.000 bonus points?

This come from this promotion :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-avios-11.html

Is this correct?

Apparently there is a promotion till today for this fares?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Not quite. You have the business class bit valid but only expensivo economy tickets work for the promotion. So it would be 160 TP from the economy trips.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:00 pm

Can they be combined?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Can you please stick to one thread?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
Can you please stick to one thread?
yes!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Just booked my first small tier point run doing the LGW - JER flight. I was exactly 80 points short of silver, so took advantage of the recent sale. Depart 4.30pm and come back on last flight.

Looking forward to this and the fact that I can catch a train direct home to London bridge is an extra bonus.

How's the lounge anyway?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:20 am
Suspended

Basic, but it will suffice for a couple of hours. The beer is Peroni and the local Liberation Ale (recommended). Occasionally they have some nice cakes out. Otherwise it's a room with a view of the apron. I like it, but then it's usually my moment of solace after a long and occasionally stressful day on the island.

Unfortunately you're there the day before my trip, else I'd come and say hello.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Thanks for this and that's a pity. I'll be flying from Edinburgh down to city the day prior
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:22 am

Basic, but it will suffice for a couple of hours. The beer is Peroni and the local Liberation Ale (recommended). Occasionally they have some nice cakes out. Otherwise it's a room with a view of the apron.
Should I steal a mid-morning snack from the Gatwick lounge in that case and smuggle it across with me?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:37 am
Suspended

Well, there are packets of crisps (Walkers and Tyrrells) in JER as well; I'm not sure you'd get much more across from LGW. But if you see something, I think this would fall under the description of 'legitimate removal' from the lounge!

It's also not that difficult to sneak back into the JER Departures and have a 'proper' meal. I used to recommend it but it's gone downhill now and the only edible things are the jacket potatoes, the salads and the fish and chips.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just going back through some of the answers on this thread, I think there might be a bit of confusion about which double-doors are being described.

When one leaves Duty Free / departures there is a set of automatic double-doors. The idea is that they prevent people going back to Duty Free from the gate (though as NeverFirst points out, waiting by them for someone else to come out just requires a modicum of patience).

There are some other automatic sliding doors between the gate and arrivals, which might prevent pax going back from baggage reclaim towards a) the Duty Free doors and b) the gates.

What I can't quite recall is whether the International arrivals door is between those two sets of automatic doors, or after the arrivals set. I think it's the former, in which case even if you get shunted towards the less preferable option, you can still turn right after the unmanned passport control desks and go back around the corner to the lounge.

I'm not back there until next week though, so I can't confirm until then.

Yes, would be good to get clear directions for JER turnarounds. I ended up following "Flight Connect" (after trying to get through an automatic door that wouldn't open) which led me out through arrivals, and a mad dash over to departures to go back through security... all on what has turned out to be a badly sprained ankle when I finally got home and went to A&E. (so if any of you noticed someone with a massive limp TP-running JER and AMS on 17/18 Nov that was me!!!) and no bonus miles for the JER it appears :-(
Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I did a run on Saturday.

Saw the door to avoid going back through security but no-one anywhere near it to open it so there would have been no option but to go to baggage reclaim and then walk around to departures.

Lounge wise, plenty of Peroni and Liberation Ale (not too bad as I don't normally touch this sort of thing). Some Oyster Bay wine and the usual spirits and mixers + Coke/Diet Coke. Tea/coffee/hot chocolate machine.
Small bags of Walkers Crisps and Tyrells (crunchy but tasteless).
Usual Walker's shortbreads, ginger, oat cookies etc + some other biscuit packs.
1 piece of coconut cake but the attractive (Polish?) girl who served me at the Island food place came around at 5:30pm or so and was restocking the cakes etc in the lounge. 2 types after that.
Banana, orange and apple baskets.

There is a sign up saying "don't take food from the lounge".

Did pop into St Helier as well. Landed at around 12:50pm and caught the 15 bus for £1.70 one-way (far better than £16+ for a taxi and the stop is right in front of the exit doors of arrivals. Leaves at 1pm and every half an hour before/after that).

We used Gate 2 on the return so had to leave the lounge by the entrance door rather than go through the door in the lounge.

Bought a jar of Jersey Black butter in St Helier and then realised with no checked baggage, it wouldn't be going through security. The lovely lady at the post office desk gave me a raffle ticket to exchange for another jar from the shop after security
Quite common apparently!

No passport or ID was asked for (used a mobile boarding pass as checked in earlier) and shoes stayed on in Jersey and at Gatwick.

Free wi-fi at Jersey airport as well.
Make sure you have some sort of European roaming package on your phone if not using wi-fi as T-Mobile/Orange/EE messaged me to say I would be charged obscene amounts to do anything as not technically on UK soil.

As for the food at Gatwick (before the 11:50am flight):
Crisps, biscuits, greater alcohol selection, porridge, various fruit for toppings, cheeses, toast, baked beans, pastries, muffins.

Last edited by xenole; Nov 19, 2012 at 3:52 am
Old Nov 19, 2012, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes, would be good to get clear directions for JER turnarounds
Yes, I am just keen to know if it's still possible. Last time I just got off the plane and turned the other way from arrivals right into the BA lounge. Nice and easy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.