Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longhaul 767 Heathrow to Copenhagen?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Longhaul 767 Heathrow to Copenhagen?

My flights to and from Copenagen on consecutive days late October appear to have longhaul 767 seat plan based on economy starting at row 16 with a toilet behind row 22. Would this be to maximise aircraft utilisation? Debating whether to upgrade to Club World seats. Be frustrating if aircraft switches back to Club Europe.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue, SASEB
I'm showing an A320 in November.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
gcuk..... yep, seat plan is for a L/H bird......

So depends on if you are a gambling person or not..... As you say, the flights could be subbed back to a S/H bird or even another aircraft type...

BA are cracking on with the S/H 767 refurbishment with 'NWA' undergoing the process at Gatwick.

Your call, but if you do upgrade don't forget that the WTPlus cabin is also often used for CE......
Old Oct 22, 2012, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Your call, but if you do upgrade don't forget that the WTPlus cabin is also often used for CE......
Presumably the seat selection fee would be the same for both CW and CE seats (although does not matter for the OP), CW seats would not be blocked for Gold (also does not matter for the OP) and CW seats would always be available, even if all CE passengers could be accommodated in WT+?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
When I went to IST in January this year, all the CE passengers were seated in the CW section.

Not the same in May, where some unlucky CE passengers ended up in WTP instead. Still, they were luckier than those who ended up in WT!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Sixth freedom....... I think I am going to have another small sweet sherry and consider your proposal.....

~As an aside, we were booked 767 to ATH a few years ago and took our usual favourite middle pair seats (Row 8) pre-booked as heady silvers then, only to find on arrival that we were in a middle pair in WTP ~ Which is better than CE but not quite so good as Club World... which was full full full.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I wouldn't upgrade if it's just to try the CW seat.

CE for me is about the TPs, catering, service, and nobody sitting next to me.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Last Thursdays 679 from IST was a CW configured 767 and they were offering Club upgrades on check in for £99
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1

+1.

I can confirm that both CW and WT+ cabin are sold as CE when long-haul 767 is utilised for short-haul. The WT+ seat is still miles ahead of the CE seat @:-)
But of course, if you can get the CW seats why not?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gcuk
. Be frustrating if aircraft switches back to Club Europe.
Well there's a high chance that precisely this will happen, so I would go with the flow, unless there was some other good reason to upgrade. It is such a short flight anyway.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: Executive Club Silver
The upgrade shouldn't be too costly and if you think it is worth the risk then go for it. Even if you get dumped in WT+ it is still a lot nicer than CE would be.

Just do not get too excited til' you enter the aircraft incase a short haul aircraft arrives.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genius1

Actually, I'd be far MORE inclined to upgrade with the promise of the CW or WT+ seat. Far more interesting than a so-so ready meal and bad wine.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Seatplan is still longhaul 767 but the WT+ seats (rows 10-13) now appear in the EuroTraveller cabin seatplan. Greyed out at present so can't preseat in them yet but counting down to T-72
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:52 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Logged in to look at my flight to/from FRA next week, and the dreaded red exclamation mark appeared against my return flight next Thursday. My selected 2D had been replaced by a 3F. Hmm, I thought, 767 replaced with a 320 and I'm at the window.

But no! LH 767 it is, and 3F is a forward-facing CW seat. Obviously more than one SH destination being subbed by LH aircraft while they are in the refresh shed. I would say that I would be quite looking forward to the prospect of boarding at 2L and turning left (rare as that would be for me), but this is FRA, so it will no doubt be a bus and boarding up the steps at 1L...
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by FenLandK
Logged in to look at my flight to/from FRA next week, and the dreaded red exclamation mark appeared against my return flight next Thursday. My selected 2D had been replaced by a 3F. Hmm, I thought, 767 replaced with a 320 and I'm at the window.
Which FRA flights are operated by the 767, is it just the BA902 & BA903 ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.