Search

LCY > JFK on an AA flight number

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2012, 2:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
LCY > JFK on an AA flight number

I notice that it doesn't seem possible to book an AA flight number for BA's LCY to JFK flight (looking through FlyerTalk it's been an issue since the flight was moved to a BA subsidiary) - does anybody know whether this is due to change any time soon?

I have to book some LON > NYC flights in the next month or so and my company will only allow me to fly on AA or AA operated by BA routes... and I could really do with the extra tier points and immigration pre-clearance in Shannon.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Ever since BA shifted the LCY flight to a new subsidiary I think all code-shares were dropped (at least AA). I was in the middle of this and had my flight automatically rebooked to BA. At the time someone said it would remain like that until the code-shares were loaded to the systems, but I think they just dropped the code-shares full stop. Unfortunately it'll have to be LHR for AA codes - I suppose just have to be happy with NGCW instead of the angled AA seat!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
I seem to remember that this route is not technically operated by BA, but by some subsidiary... I think that might be why it has no AA codeshare.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by YClass
Ever since BA shifted the LCY flight to a new subsidiary I think all code-shares were dropped (at least AA). I was in the middle of this and had my flight automatically rebooked to BA. At the time someone said it would remain like that until the code-shares were loaded to the systems, but I think they just dropped the code-shares full stop. Unfortunately it'll have to be LHR for AA codes - I suppose just have to be happy with NGCW instead of the angled AA seat!
Just in response to the above (but not helpful to the OP I'm afraid), the LCY-JFK flights are still codeshared with IB.

GD
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I think it was something to do with needing approval from the US authorities before AA was permitted to codeshare with this subsidiary.

Does the BA ltd subsidiary have its own IATA/ICAO codes?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:06 am

When did this change? I flew LCY - JFK at the end of May booked as AA6200 (booking was made via ebookers).
Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by TeflonMan
When did this change? I flew LCY - JFK at the end of May booked as AA6200 (booking was made via ebookers).
13th June.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...idiary-372970/
Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Bronze
How does that affect avios ?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
How does that affect avios ?
It doesn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.