Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Karl Jatho lounge in Hanover... Anyone been?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Karl Jatho lounge in Hanover... Anyone been?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Question Karl Jatho lounge in Hanover... Anyone been?

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...o/public/fr_de

Going to be using this lounge tonight, and wondered if any FT'ers have experience of it? Big or small, any decent food in there? Does it get packed early evenng before the little Embraer departs for LHR? And is it airside or landside? The link just says on the departures level between Terminals A and B...

Good to get some knowledge from the experts before I rush to ge there.

Also, can you get access several hours before the flight? My past experience of HAJ is that you cant get airside until a while before the 90 mins or so before the flight departs, and it's likely I will be there circa 4 hours early...

Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
Originally Posted by 747_not_777

Going to be using this lounge tonight, and wondered if any FT'ers have experience of it? Big or small, any decent food in there? Does it get packed early evenng before the little Embraer departs for LHR? And is it airside or landside? The link just says on the departures level between Terminals A and B...

Also, can you get access several hours before the flight? My past experience of HAJ is that you cant get airside until a while before the 90 mins or so before the flight departs, and it's likely I will be there circa 4 hours early...

Thanks.
Nope, I haven't although I was in Han(n)over on Sunday. They didn't mention it when I checked in
Check-in has moved from Terminal A to Terminal B at HAJ.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
Originally Posted by 747_not_777

Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 4:10 am
GWH

Programs: LH SEN
Used this lounge in June this year, and it is located exactly as you state.

It is a small lounge and thirty people may be pushing the available space. Drink selection was as usual, a selection of beers and spirits, and the food was basic snacks, salted peanuts crisps etc. I was there in the morning and there was a selection of bread, cheeses and meats, I don't know if they were there the entire day.

I thought space in the airport was limited for sitting so the lounge was a god send. I actually liked it but the furniture is continental and not to everyone's taste.

Photos and info by this link: the photos make it look more basic than it is.

http://loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Hannov...l_Jatho_Lounge

Enjoy.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your help - found it and sitting in here now!

Not many seats, but strangely spacious - they could do with putting a few more seats in.

Very nice lady on the front desk. Extremely helpful. ^
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:35 am

That's funny. I was booked on this flight but I've just pushed it back till tomorrow, so thanks for the heads up. I was wondering about the lounge as I'll have some time in it tomorrow.

Got a late invite to the IAA which I was obliged to accept.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Ah - so we nearly met! Enjoy the IAA windowontheaside, hope your feet are up to it. PS - the best of the action is in Halls 16 and 17!

Good to exchange PMs with you earlier in the week.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:37 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Funny how we almost crossed paths both ways.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Used this on 29APR.

It's landside, but this being HAJ it hardly ever takes more than 5mins to get airside and to the gate (unless you are flying from Terminal C).

Like the apron views, and the staff was friendly. The coke dispenser is a bit battered, but they did have (around 3pm) hot sausages as well as cold potato salad and meat balls to eat, which somewhat surprised me positively. Limited selection of reading material.
Old May 26, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
I've been going through HAJ for a few months now, and this lounge has never been opened past 4 or 5pm. I've never managed to get in, and ended up in the Club lounge over at Terminal C.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't think it's open for the early morning departure from HAJ either, though given that this flight leaves at around 06:30 hrs (and often departs a few minutes early) there won't be many people checking in 4 hours early.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
I'd not expect any lounge to be open for that sort of time.

I was saying that it still advertises as open until 9pm, when its been closed by 6pm the 8 or 9 times I've been there since January.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
The oneworld website states that the Club Lounge is only for people travelling on airberlin - does this also apply if the Karl-Jatho Lounge is not open? Is the Club Lounge airside?

Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Given the last BA flight is at 19:55, and the Karl Jatho lounge closes at 21:00, I don't think so.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think the problem is more the very early flight to LHR, for which KJ isn't open (it says 05 hrs, it's actually later than that). Frankly you'd be much better advised to spend more time in bed, even if it was open. In any event, there's no easy way to get to the Club lounge if flying BA, though they are both landside, the somewhat odd building structure at HAJ gets in the way. The Club lounge, which is a Priority Pass lounge, is on floor 3 above the check in area of terminal C. But definitely not open to BA customers, it's a third party lounge and BA won't pay the lounge fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.