Wiki Posts
Search

OW Status on AA boarding passes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2012, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold.
OW Status on AA boarding passes

I'm BA Silver/OW Saphire. But when I fly on AA, about 50 percent of the time my status doesn't print on my boarding passes, even when I print them up at airport machines. Not a huge deal, but I don't have my Silver/Saphire card yet and I have to spend a lot of time explaining to lounge/gate folks.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

(One more trip to Gold/Emerals and the looooooong wait for that card...)
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Weird. Did you just advance to Silver - in other words, are the bookings from a time you were not Silver yet?

My BA Gold, when I choose to use that instead of AA ExPlat, shows up 100% of the time.

Maybe a question better asked in the AA board anyway.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: MUCCI
I'd agree with DWFI:

Most logical guess is that AA system pulled your status when you were not Silver, and has not pulled it again. In some cases like this you need to have the number removed, then reapplied.

However this is purely a guess.

Also I agree it might be better answered over in the AA section, mayby they have some machines which don't do OW partner status on the BPs, etc?

With regard to the lounge, BAEC should be able to fax you a letter to show to lounge staff. [Not sure if this will help with NON-BA lounges, but ...] Can't see gate staff liking it too much.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
My understanding is that the status attached to your booking isn't updated in real time. The booking system only checks the number when it is entered or when certain changes are made to the booking. So one solution is to delete your BA number from the booking and then re-rnter it (or have someone else do so) before you check-in.

Another possibility, especially if flying from a smaller airport, is that the IT system doesn't pick up your status when it comes to printing the BP. Not much you can do about that.

I'd agree that either a letter from BA or even a printout of your BA.com account page will help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.