Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA198 BOM-LHR Sat 25th August delay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
BA198 BOM-LHR Sat 25th August delay (and Friday BA199 from LHR)

Looks like departure is delayed by 17 hours, now departing Sunday. I presume there is a delay/technical issue with inbound flight? Anyone else affected by this and staying at Grand Hyatt Mumbai?

Last edited by To Eat.To Drink; Aug 25, 2012 at 1:28 am Reason: Added inbound flight to title
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Sorry to hear about your problems To Eat.To Drink

i trust that BA are looking after you well ?

cs
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
At least it's a nice hotel if you have to be delayed somewhere.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Sorry to hear about your problems To Eat.To Drink

i trust that BA are looking after you well ?

cs
Thanks for your kind thoughts. It's early morning here, so I have yet to find out. The flight was due to depart 13.15 and it is 05.30 here now. I'm not sure who to contact (BST+4.5 hrs) but hope that concierge can help. Ho hum!

I'm sure you know the feeling - after a week away from the family, having worked one's socks off and feeling drained, this is not ideal.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkLHR
At least it's a nice hotel if you have to be delayed somewhere.
True, it could be worse (and has been in the past!). But the best bed in the world is still one's own after a stint away! Especially with a young'un at home and another on the way shortly. Sorry, fatigue has revealed a chink in my emotional armour! Sort yourself out, man!

Last edited by To Eat.To Drink; Aug 24, 2012 at 6:27 pm
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver. Tracking for TP run.
hang on in there! Its out of your control and I know it feels like home is a long way away, but you will get there.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
Thanks for your kind thoughts. It's early morning here, so I have yet to find out. The flight was due to depart 13.15 and it is 05.30 here now. I'm not sure who to contact (BST+4.5 hrs) but hope that concierge can help. Ho hum!
I don't know how useful they will be in terms of rebooking or updates but maybe try BAEC Japan would be open now: Tel: +81 3 3298 5209

Or BAEC Hong Kong in 40 minutes: +852 3002 1208
BAEC Singapore: +65 6823 2095

According to BA's information from the website your inbound is due to depart LHR at 1500 tomorrow. I don't know how up-to-date that is, though.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I don't know how useful they will be in terms of rebooking or updates but maybe try BAEC Japan would be open now: Tel: +81 3 3298 5209

Or BAEC Hong Kong in 40 minutes: +852 3002 1208
BAEC Singapore: +65 6823 2095

According to BA's information from the website your inbound is due to depart LHR at 1500 tomorrow. I don't know how up-to-date that is, though.
Thanks, that's a great help.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Champagne please
hang on in there! Its out of your control and I know it feels like home is a long way away, but you will get there.
Very kind. I realise there is little I can do and will work with it rather than against!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:45 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Oops, messed up about the availability, I'm sorry. I was looking at September. There is one seat in F (but A available) and one in J (but D available) on BA 138 departing at 02:35 but I am not sure if they have already been adjusted to accommodate some passengers from your delayed flight.

According to BA website your original flight is due to depart at 06:12 on 26 August so BA 138 would be an improvement.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Aug 24, 2012 at 6:57 pm
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Well, after holding for 20 minutes for exec club India, I was told that he could not help as this was a travel agent booking. I insisted that i should not have to hold again. He transferred my call, with a new menu, and I was back on hold. Then the line cut out. I think I am destined to stay on the delayed flight and not change to the 138...
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IC Ambassador, Starwood Gold
Hi,

I'm also on this flight - with an onward connection to MAN. Got through to EC they rebooked the connection for 1.30pm tomorrow. No offer to rebook onto the 138 though. Revised dep times are guaranteed for maximum body clock screw up!!
J
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnathomese16
Hi,

I'm also on this flight - with an onward connection to MAN. Got through to EC they rebooked the connection for 1.30pm tomorrow. No offer to rebook onto the 138 though. Revised dep times are guaranteed for maximum body clock screw up!!
J
Yes, not sure what to do on flight. Sleep then film or vice versa. As you say, it will be fun on arrival and will screw up the weekend. I take it you're not at the Grand Hyatt? If you are, fancy a beer later?!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IC Ambassador, Starwood Gold
I'm at the Trident otherwise I would take join you for a beer. It has royally screwed the weekend - I'm only going to MAN to see my folks - taking the best part of a day out of a quick visit.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Looks like inbound BA199 is delayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.