Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

PHX info thread: Check-in times and F lounge opening hours / current photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHX info thread: Check-in times and F lounge opening hours / current photos

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thumbs up PHX info thread: Check-in times and F lounge opening hours / current photos

The BAEC board gets a fair few posts about the PHX lounge and check-in times in the course of a year, so for the avoidance of any doubt I can advise that early check-in is available from 2.30pm, which isn’t bad given the flight usually departs at 7.25pm. As expected, there are dedicated F and J check-in lines on Level 2. Security is on Level 3.

Once airside, the Club and First lounges are both upstairs (accessibly by a lift and stairs), opposite Gate B22. The BA plane always departs from gate B25, which is a stone’s throw away. The lounges open at 3pm, and have restrooms located just outside – meaning they are almost exclusively used by lounge passengers only.

Cecilia leads a super team of staff looking after guests in the lounge. They are truly, as has been said many, many times, some of the most friendly BA staff you will ever encounter anywhere around the BA worldwide network. They make every visit seem special. Let’s hope BA keep this BA-focused team and don’t ever hand this flight over to AA to manage, as I think they did in SAN and DEN.

The First lounge in particular is one of my favourites (of all BA lounges worldwide). It doesn’t have a Spa, hot food ‘Concorde-room’ style or even the luxury range of reclining seats you might find in the SYD F lounge. But, given an amazing backdrop of red rock where you can watch planes coming and going on two runways, plus such super staff, it is a very enjoyable place to spend a few hours.

Here are a few photos of what you’ll find when you get here in the F lounge. It is also worth noting that fresh sandwiches and hot soup are offered once the catering truck arrives to service the inbound BA aircraft. London newspapers are also offered shortly after the plane arrives.

Table for setting up your PC etc, plus a guest book to complete:

A private area to work:

Local beers on ice:

Proper tea (which my wife loves after drinking the US' attempt at tea during our holiday)!

Super views:

Not the sight you want to see (Old First), but hey-ho - it will still be a super flight home. BA tends to always send a Mid-J 747 to PHX.

I can also report that the Wi-Fi (provided free by the airport) is a lot quicker in 2012 than it was in 2011...

I didn’t go and take photos in the Club lounge, but it is equally a nice space… Feel free to add some to the thread, if you have some.

Last edited by 747_not_777; Aug 21, 2012 at 1:31 am Reason: Corrected to remove incorrect reference to the Club lounge not having any windows (it does, as confirmed below)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Nice pictures! Thanks for taking the time to compile the post ^

Looks like the PHX lounge could do with a Galleries refresh pretty soon to complement the views and service.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:19 pm

Great info, thanks! They take their 'friendliest airport in the US' label seriously at PHX; great customer service.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver;Hertz Gold 5*;National Exec Elite;BA Bronze;AA-PLT
Originally Posted by 747_not_777
I didn’t go and take photos in the Club lounge, but it is equally a nice space, albeit without windows so no runway views… Feel free to add some to the thread, if you have some.
I'll have to check on Saturday night when I head out, but I'm pretty sure that the Club lounge has windows if you turn right when you walk in - there is a smaller room to the left that has no windows. Before I got my shiny card I recall watching the big plane pull up to the gate from the Club lounge.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks Genius1 and Marmite Toast. As for a Galleries refresh, this F lounge only got new seating 12 months ago (again, from memory). I am pretty sure last time I was there they said the new seating was coming, or perhaps it had just been installed, so I doubt they'll be doing much more with it for now.

Originally Posted by rockfan
I'll have to check on Saturday night when I head out, but I'm pretty sure that the Club lounge has windows if you turn right when you walk in - there is a smaller room to the left that has no windows. Before I got my shiny card I recall watching the big plane pull up to the gate from the Club lounge.
Ah, well that may well be the case - I was going on my memory from my last time in the J lounge, which will have been in 2007. Let us know...
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:05 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Thanks, I'm travelling from PHX next month but in CW. Do you have any recent photos/reprots of that part?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GodAtum
Thanks, I'm travelling from PHX next month but in CW. Do you have any recent photos/reprots of that part?
Afraid note, but Rockfan (above) might hopefully post some after this coming Saturday... Have a super trip and do enjoy the lounge experience - the staff work across both lounges and I'll think you'll find them fantastic.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Yes, there is plane spotting at T4 parking garage. If you want go on the top of the parking garage. There is very good spot that you watch the plane. Take the elevator up to ninth floor and walk to northeast corner. You can see it.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
The staff are great in this lounge. Not a dragon in sight. They are so friendly and helpful.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:29 am

I can confirm that the aforementioned description of the Club lounge is correct. There are windows on two sides of the right hand section and none on the left side. There is also a snack/food/drinks area on both sides but the right side has the broader selection. The right side also contains the telly.

H
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver;Hertz Gold 5*;National Exec Elite;BA Bronze;AA-PLT
Originally Posted by 747_not_777
Afraid note, but Rockfan (above) might hopefully post some after this coming Saturday... Have a super trip and do enjoy the lounge experience - the staff work across both lounges and I'll think you'll find them fantastic.
Will see if I can get a few snaps (easy enough to do with my phone) and then figure out how to post them here (I know there's a FAQ somewhere, time to click the search tool and dig it out...).

This time of year due to monsoons storms they often fly around and land from the west, in which case you can't watch the big plane land from the lounge, but you can see it pull up
Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi ,

Thanks for the photos and report 747_not_777^

They seem to have improved the offerings since May 2011 ( my last visit) with soup and the margaritas.

I will be in PHX from 1st to 16th Sep ( in CW ) but get first lounge access.

Outbound there is reward availability in F using avios so may upgrade to F outbound.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:14 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I am another fan of the wonderful staff at this lounge.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Outbound there is reward availability in F using avios so may upgrade to F outbound.
Oh you must... Fairly low chance of NF right now, but we had a great return in OF, so it wouldn't really bother me.

Originally Posted by squeeler
I am another fan of the wonderful staff at this lounge.
Glad to hear it. I was telling the staff how they are really very popular and recognised online for being so lovely, and how they could come over to LHR and teach our T5 dragons a thing or too. They also all seem very happy to be getting a seventh weekly flight, as it means they can now take it in turns to have proper weekends off, rather than always taking a Tues / Weds or a Weds / Thurs combo...
Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:18 am

Programs: EC*G BD*G, Hilton, Eurobonus
Many thanks for the photos and info. I have a couple of flights to PHX coming up, but always travelled with United before. Have started with BA due to the BMI sale.
Great info and looking forward to the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.