Wiki Posts
Search

Half Avios offer overdue ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Half Avios offer overdue ?

At the beginning of Aug last year reward seats were available for half Avios for a few days. It may have been only for CE, can't remember. Anyway I nabbed CE to Athens and Stockholm for this summer but Mrs has had serious health issues and we had to cancel.
This offer (for all classes) also ran in Nov 3 years ago.
Is it likely to feature this year too I wonder ?
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
It can be YEARS between offers like this.

...and usually is!
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: MUCCI
Doubt there is any need to offer it this year.

Probably a lot of built up demand to travel, and people willing to spend full price avios to do it.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
The short-haul fleet is also REALLY stretched with aircraft substitutions, charters, tech issues etc. so I would guess that the airline might not be thinking too much about a half price AVIOS deal at the moment.......
Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Beardie is doing it!

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...tsformiles.jsp
Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Who travels in Y?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:42 am

With Reward Saver Flights now offering great value on shorthaul redemptions, I can't foresee a half prices miles sale on WT/CE in the near future. That being said, IB is offering 25% less avios right now to travel ex-MAD to a number of destinations.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:47 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by pazza2000
With Reward Saver Flights now offering great value on shorthaul redemptions, I can't foresee a half prices miles sale on WT/CE in the near future. That being said, IB is offering 25% less avios right now to travel ex-MAD to a number of destinations.
I expect if BA did this it would lead to people hoarding their Avios and expecting it to be a regular event.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.