Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat changed after OLCI - common practice?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Seat changed after OLCI - common practice?

Hi,

I'm flying this evening to CDG, and managed to get seat 4A on the aircraft (think it's a 321). I checked in this seat but asked to get the BP at the airport.

However, when I go to MMB I see now that my seat has been changed to 5A. The configuration looks the same and so does the aircraft type.
I know that on the BA website is says "BA can change your seat for operational reasons", but is it valid to change the seat of a pax already checked in to accommodate another?

Cheers,
papypihi
Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:32 am

It's possible that another row of Club Europe has been added since you checked in and therefore you have been pushed back. If that's the case, you are lucky that you have only been pushed back one row!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Would I be right in thinking this is / was supposed to be the first row of EuroTraveller? Or the last row of Club Europe? In which case if the curtain moves so potentially does your seat. If it was ET then going for this seat is quite risky - you may end up right down the back.

It is less likely to happen if you print your boarding pass or email it to yourself. You can still print it again at the airport.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
No, it is not normal to change a seat after OLCI.

How do you know that the change is to accommodate another passenger? It could well be that there is something wrong with your original seat. I would be interested to know whether there is someone in 4A.

Finally, the OP says that the configuration has not changed, but does not say whether 4A is in CE or the first row of ET. If it is the latter, then the CE cabin may have expanded since OLCI, perhaps?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Normal? No. Does it happen from time to time, absolutely and I have seen the curtain move both ways.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Correct, this is the first ET row
I don't think this was a curtain issue, as I OLCI'd in 4A, still in Euro traveller, so apart from accommodating another pax I don't see any other reasons why I was moved

PS: This is not a rant, just a confused question
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:34 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
My seat has been changed on three of my last four TATLs after OLCI. In each case the seat number has gone from either 15 or 64 to something much lower, 1, 4, 5. I have not seen this as cause for complaint!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
Correct, this is the first ET row
I don't think this was a curtain issue, as I OLCI'd in 4A, still in Euro traveller, so apart from accommodating another pax I don't see any other reasons why I was moved

PS: This is not a rant, just a confused question
Row 4 is now CE!?!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OPebble
Row 4 is now CE!?!
on the 1805 flight, yes
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by squeeler
My seat has been changed on three of my last four TATLs after OLCI. In each case the seat number has gone from either 15 or 64 to something much lower, 1, 4, 5. I have not seen this as cause for complaint!
I'm not complaining either, it's just that I haven't seen that before as was a little bit surprised
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:51 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
I'm not complaining either, it's just that I haven't seen that before as was a little bit surprised
I am sure you are not. My experience is that seat shifting is common before -72 hours, occasional from -72 to OLCI, but never (in the first row of ET) after that. As has been said, they looked after you well by giving you essentially the same seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.