Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

(Slightly OT) How an airline's customers can benefit from Social Media for CS.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
So do we fit out one more 747 with NF; or do we set up a SM team?

Somewhere deep deep down it really will be that simple.
The latter. It has scope to enhance the passenger experience for more passengers, more often, than a single 747 with new seats in First Class.

Neil
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Apparently not true for KLM...
Nor London Midland. Seriously, go and have a look at what they've been doing. It's all public, being Twitter, and it is really rather good.

Neil
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by pacer142
Nor London Midland. Seriously, go and have a look at what they've been doing. It's all public, being Twitter, and it is really rather good.

Neil
They're very patient. Especially with commuters that can be annoying (such as myself). Unfortunately they're mostly beholden to the woeful performance of Network Rail but that's for another discussion !
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2012/08/southwest-and-facebook

For what it's worth of course.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: EK Siver, Dusit Gold, Cycling Proficiency Test, Tufty Club Member and Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
I didn't follow this thread as the title looked very boring - but now having read through some of it - and having had a look at the BA twitter feed, I would say that airline's customers probably won't benefit from social media for CS.

The BA twitter feed is just drivel, they'd be as well having a robot answering tweets based on the heuristics of the tweet for all the good any of the replies are.

I never got twitter and don't appear to be missing out - but Bradley Wiggins reply to Piers Morgan was very funny

Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ballogie
I didn't follow this thread as the title looked very boring - but now having read through some of it - and having had a look at the BA twitter feed, I would say that airline's customers probably won't benefit from social media for CS.

The BA twitter feed is just drivel, they'd be as well having a robot answering tweets based on the heuristics of the tweet for all the good any of the replies are.
Boring because? Anyway, back to your point. Hence the suggestion that BA should invest in social which - for the umpteenth time - is by no means limited to Twitter....
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:05 am

Programs: EK Siver, Dusit Gold, Cycling Proficiency Test, Tufty Club Member and Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
I guess this sums it up nicely

" You might think that the importance of social media to KLM will make us forget about other forms of communication. Don’t worry, we’ll continue to answer the phone."
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by ballogie
I guess this sums it up nicely

" You might think that the importance of social media to KLM will make us forget about other forms of communication. Don’t worry, we’ll continue to answer the phone."
With BA it might have to be modified slightly:

"You might think that the importance of social media to BA will make us forget about other forms of communication. Don’t worry, we’ll continue NOT to answer the phone."
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

With BA it might have to be modified slightly:

"You might think that the importance of social media to BA will make us forget about other forms of communication. Don’t worry, we’ll continue NOT to answer the phone."
Or:

We will make sure our social effort will be as effective as our current customer service.

Draw your own conclusions.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Originally Posted by pacer142

Neil
They're very patient. Especially with commuters that can be annoying (such as myself). Unfortunately they're mostly beholden to the woeful performance of Network Rail but that's for another discussion !
BTW, I signed up for London Midland tweets just to see what was going on and it was good ... until ...

Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

BTW, I signed up for London Midland tweets just to see what was going on and it was good ... until ...

It happens. You can get spam from people claiming to be your bank manager too. Want to stop using email?

(I would be surprised if you believed yours to be some sort of victory argument to be honest)
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
I get spam for banks that I don't have any accounts with, or credit cards.. And I at times I have even gotten spam from the UN... And let's not mention Nigeria.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

For anyone who is still interested. And no, I did not write it.

http://mashable.com/2012/09/29/socia...tomer-service/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.