Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can a Gold Card Holder reserve a seat for a colleague on the same flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2012, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,Hilton Diamond,Platinum Ambass,SPG Gold,Flying Blue Platinum,Club Carlson Gold

Sorry if this question has come up before.

Travelling to GRU on 8th Aug with some friends all on separate bookings,all of us are in Club, however one of my friends is Blue.

Am I able to get him a seat assigned on the upper deck with us other two so he doesnt have to pay the seat reservation fee?

Wait your replies! ;-)
Old Jul 25, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Technically only if he's on the same PNR. Worth a call to the Gold line though.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If you are gold they don't need to be on the same PNR but they do need to be in the same class on the same flight. Then you can request via the gold line that they are seated with you.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oxmatt
If you are gold they don't need to be on the same PNR but they do need to be in the same class on the same flight. Then you can request via the gold line that they are seated with you.
+1 - definitely don't have to be on the same PNR. I've only done it when all the travellers were in the same cabin, so can't comment if you can ask for seat allocation for someone in a different cabin.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 8:58 am

What oxmatt refers to has been discussed somewhere in this forum as a TCB - To Complete Booking (actually, TCP - To Complete Party) request. It's done by phone for a Gold. From what I recall, it seems even the person you speak with may not be the one who actually processes the assignment - but they can take the request and send it to seating, who should in turn do it.

Just mentioning this both so that if you get an agent who's not sure what you're asking about, you can be more clear - and also that you might not see the other passenger's seat assignment made right away, as my experience was that it gets requested and processed after the phone call.

Last time I did it was May 2011, when my mom (a Blue) flew with me on a redemption ticket. I was definitely on a separate booking, but we were both in CW and both ended up in the UD seats I wanted for us.

Last edited by Schultzois; Jul 25, 2012 at 9:05 am Reason: correction to terminology
Old Jul 25, 2012, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,Hilton Diamond,Platinum Ambass,SPG Gold,Flying Blue Platinum,Club Carlson Gold
Good to know, thanks guys for your replies! I will give them a call later! ;-)
Old Jul 25, 2012, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Schultzois
What oxmatt refers to has been discussed somewhere in this forum as a TCB - To Complete Booking request. .
Funny, I could have sworn the lady I talked to called it a TCP, but I did it last week for my wife (blue) travelling on a separate PNR, same class, no problem at all. She was able to do it while I was on the phone, and I could see the result online by the time I hung up the phone.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by pantoot
Funny, I could have sworn the lady I talked to called it a TCP, but I did it last week for my wife (blue) travelling on a separate PNR, same class, no problem at all.
Actually, you are right.

To Complete Party. Words make more sense in this case, too, don't they?

In my case it was 15 months ago, so that must be why. Either that or the Champagne I've been drinking. Hey, I'm on holiday, after all.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Schultzois
Hey, I'm on holiday, after all.
Here are you?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
As Gold I have done this before. Two golds on one PNR in CW requesting a non-BAEC member booked in CW is seated between them.

Some agents are better than other.
Just you trying phoning during UK office hours to stand a better chance of getting more experienced agents.
If the agent appears clueless, put the phone down and ring again. I also had to do this.

The seat allocation may take a day or two to clear as they have to make a request to another team. The agent cannot do this themselves.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Here are you?
Undisclosed location in South of France... and visiting FT from time to time.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I've just TCPed a booking with a non-status colleague, and the seats have been allocated together. Quite a nice Gold benefit ^
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

everything fixed on this end after a quick call to the Gold helpline, they even moved my friends short haul segment without me asking which was a nice touch! so now we are all seated together for both segments FCO-LHR and LHR-GRU.

;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.