Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade message on MMB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL
Upgrade message on MMB

Just logged in to MMB to check in for tonight's long haul flight from LHR and the following message was on the page. Whilst I am lucky enough to often receive upgrades I have not seen this message before. Must be new. Nice!

You have been upgraded to First
As a valued Executive Club member, we’d like you to enjoy the comfort, extra space and service of first class when you fly with us to xxxxx on Monday 16 July 2012 on BAxxx. Enjoy your flight.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:42 am

I had this last year when I fly economy, I got upgraded to premium, I guess it was because I paid a lot for the ticket. Enjoy!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
I think that happens when Operations starts dealing with an oversold situation even before a flight checkin opens.
You are GGL after all
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:11 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
a pal of mine had something similar on a flight to SFO , he just checked MMB a few days before the flight and found the same comment. He is a SCH
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
I did not receive this message when I checked in for my flight today.

Perhaps I should call BA to tell them their system is broken?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
I can remember getting an Op Up to WTP about a week out for a flight to PHL. Couldn't believe it that it appeared that far out.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:26 am

I got an opup at T-24 from WT (cheap client - urgh!) to WT+ on LHR-JFK a month or so back.

I was quite happy with that, but then got the red beep at the gate and bumped up to J. Cue one happy bunny!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Last year I got a "You have been upgraded to Club World" at check in. Got to the airport just to be told that I have been put back down to WTP as it had been a "computer error"
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHon Diamond, Fairmont Prem
Have had this to and from HKG several times, especially in the summer months.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Camflyer
Last year I got a "You have been upgraded to Club World" at check in. Got to the airport just to be told that I have been put back down to WTP as it had been a "computer error"
To be quite frank you should never have been downgraded again - and at least given some compensation for the false hope that THEIR "computer error" had given you. Remember you made no mistake - so it is the airline, in this case BA, who should pay for it, not you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.