Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Selfish BA/BAEC wishlist? (Flight-related matters only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:34 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

While we are discussing all sorts of things to do with MFU, credit card status, etc etc, what's your selfish but realistic and reasonable (in your own opinion) BAEC wishlist for specifically flying-related matters?

Mine:

Please raise the TPs for Band 3 CE flights to 60, but bring the Silver qualifying threshold to 800 and Gold to 2000 in return.

Tiered redemption availability depending on status to bring increased benefits for Silver and Gold in return for raised qualifying threshold.

Please stop overbooking the WT/WT+ only to op-up into the higher cabin and completely filling it up. I understand the commercial imperative, but a full CW cabin is not very nice given its density. (F is not so bad because it's not a high density cabin.)

If you really need to op-up, please offer the proactive cash upgrade first, online and at the airport, and then offer the space available Avios upgrade, and only when there is no-one wanting to pay cash or Avios, please op-up at the gate at the last minute.

Please reduce the use of buses.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Jul 12, 2012 at 3:51 pm
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Increase the value of using Avios for a WT redemption before it gets really really silly.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Waitlists for award space (perhaps limited to status passengers) with ticketed bookings (or perhaps confirmed bookings).

Pro-active upgrades (perhaps only on day of departure) for miles/Avios instead of cash (perhaps limited to status passengers) but of course subject to load/yield management as at present.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
I pretty much agree with OP.

My selfishness is exclusivity, if a Lounge / Premium Cabin is packed it is just a lesser experience.

So:
- higher qualifying levels for Silver and Gold (harder for me, but a better quality experience going forward);
- better access to Redemptions for normal Golds
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:50 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Have the Euro Traveller sandwiches on domestic flights.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
More/bigger lounges, so people don't worry about overcrowding so much
Possibly charge £'s for guests
Always offer cash upgrades at check in if space is available
Fresh lobster and caviar in F
Increase redemption availability to MRU and SYD
Better flight times for arriving/leaving DXB
2 class MFU's and POUGs

LHR-LCA needs it's own section....

More champagne
Bring it back to T5 please!
Use a bigger 3/4 class aircraft
Make departure time from LHR a couple of hours later so I don't have to get up a silly o'clock in the morning, eat breakfast at the hotel and get to use the lounge.

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jul 12, 2012 at 4:37 pm
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: not a lot
Ability to ask rev mgmt to open up reward space for 2 one ways per membership year for Gold card holders for normal Avios levels.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Please stop overbooking the WT/WT+ only to op-up into the higher cabin and completely filling it up. I understand the commercial imperative, but a full CW cabin is not very nice given its density. (F is not so bad because it's not a high density cabin.)
Please do carry on overbooking WT/WT+ to give me half a decent chance.

Make proactive upgrade available for more than one class, especially for special offer paid check-in upgrades. I much rather pay for Y-J, than Y-W.

Get the English subtitled movies rotated more often than every few months - it's no fun to come on board and find the same three token movies are still on offer from a previous long-haul flight two/three months earlier.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:34 pm

For the BA178/238 day flights, switch the food around so you get the light meal at breakfast when you get on, and then serve a full hot dinner before you land.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:45 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: IC RA
Not so selfish, but onboard wifi on EU flights.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
LHR-NQY-LHR please

cs
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
what's your selfish but realistic and reasonable (in your own opinion) BAEC wishlist for specifically flying-related matters?
My no 1 - by many lengths - no more bussing to the plane - ever!
Consistent priority boarding even at outstations
A380
PJs in J

bring the Silver qualifying threshold to 800
Boo! Boo!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
- Saying "Its a pleasure to welcome our Executive Club members and OneWorld frequent fliers" like you mean it
- Not dumping you ex-Africa into LHR at 5am after just a measly yoghurt and bread roll
- Not dumping you into Africa at 11pm when all the regional flights have finished
- Taking proper ownership of lounges so the staff are as dedicated as your best cabin crew
- Washing the inside of your planes properly and often
- Making the coffee with actual coffee and not serving it in pee-sample cups
- Finding a way to exterminate the small minority of crew who hate their job and enjoy ruining everyone else's flight - but doing this in a way that Unison won't notice
- Become the World's Favourite Airline again
- Rule Britannia
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:47 pm

Re-introduce lower TP qualifying levels for those who GENUINELY live away from the UK and still choose to fly BA when other airlines would be a better option.

Scrap all TPs and miles earned on flights and instead introduce an FF program based off actually money spent with the airline.

Lastly, halve the TPs earned for all corporate TA or business bookings. It'll clear the lounges out to create more exclusivity and reward the REAL loyal customers.

Scrap paid seating. Not such a worry anymore, but if it were i'd not choose BA over Cathay or any of the other better Asian airlines for long haul flights back home based on that policy alone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.