Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booking open jaw with different classes on outbound and return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, BA silver

I want to book an open-jaw ticket, Y on the outbound and W on the return. Am I right that this can't be done on the website? Would I have to pay the booking fee if I call? (Silver so not exempt from booking fees). And finally, is the current Y/W sale also available over the phone or just online? TIA ^
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:56 am

Yes, on the phone and yes, you will almost certainly have to pay the booking fee.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I've done it online, but not for an open jaw. Try this and see if it works.

Make the booking all WT. When you've selected your flights, but before you pay, you're normally given the option to ugrade your flight. The, outward, and return prices are listed seperately as well as upgrading both. I was able to upgrade my WT return leg from Australia (on a Qantas codeshare) for around £300 doing this.

What prompted me to investigate this was that for some reason it was giving me the 2nd sector of the return flight as WT+ on one leg for £200 more as one of the options. It wouldn't let me book that, and I tried calling, but no go. So I booked the whole return as WT+. Given that the same flight today (Christmas flight) would cost £600 more in just WT, I think I had a good offer made!

Of course, check what the price in WT+ is for both legs first and see that you're not being ripped off. Clear your cache and cookies too between searches too.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by dddc:18890349
I've done it online, but not for an open jaw. Try this and see if it works.

Make the booking all WT. When you've selected your flights, but before you pay, you're normally given the option to ugrade your flight. The, outward, and return prices are listed seperately as well as upgrading both. I was able to upgrade my WT return leg from Australia (on a Qantas codeshare) for around £300 doing this.

What prompted me to investigate this was that for some reason it was giving me the 2nd sector of the return flight as WT+ on one leg for £200 more as one of the options. It wouldn't let me book that, and I tried calling, but no go. So I booked the whole return as WT+. Given that the same flight today (Christmas flight) would cost £600 more in just WT, I think I had a good offer made!

Of course, check what the price in WT+ is for both legs first and see that you're not being ripped off. Clear your cache and cookies too between searches too.
Sadly, when using the multi-sector tool, you don't get offered any upgrades or prices for adjacent days. So, yes, inability to mix and match booking classes is just one more thing to add to my rant of the other day on the spectacular timewasting and unhelpfulness of this particular "feature" of the website...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
I have no BA status but was not asked to pay the booking fee when booking an open jaw WT outbound WT+ >> CW return.

They didn't tell me why it was waved, maybe it was because I was friendly.

(At the time I had no AA status either, so it wasn't that.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.